VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do You Think This Will Help Veterans?

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

What if..

We hadit members elected a great spokesperson...Names like Berta, Tbird, Rental guy come to mind. This spokesperson has a webcam, and knows how or will get help posting a "you tube" video.

Then, this person posts a You tube Video with a title something like, "How can the VA do this to our Veterans?"

Then, this person states "our" case TO THE PUBLIC. It would need to be someone with writing skills, and maybe public speaking skills, since many Vets dont have those skills, our spokesperson will represent us..not the DAV, not the VFW, not Congressman Hall, but someone whose opinion we think most accurately represents VETRANS. I even think maybe this person should meet with Mr. Shinseki, or even Mr. Obama to tell OUR SIDE of the story.

Berta did a good job of that already, I thought at the March 3 hearing. I just think we need to put the pressure on with a you tube video..gee, it may even help to get someone to watch it if we get a great looking woman to be on the video, also!

Kind of like creating our own Veterans organization, "Hadit"

Tell me what you think.

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Purple..

Your suggestion about which media to use is duly noted. Belle has already suggested that we use CNN video instead, I am for anything that will help Veterans.

Tbird has already approved this videos reference to hadit, in her post, and, altho a video may not be approved by all hadit members, if I get more "thumbs down" than "thumbs up", then I will "back off" as well.

As of now, the only issue is of content of the video..I am aware of your position that the RO has given you great service, however, if most Veterans felt the way you do, it is unlikely that the VA would be mired in the controversy and lack of trust the way it is today, as in this CBS news video:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfmar09/nf030509-8.htm

I do not "begrudge" you for the good service you recieved, and I am sure that your organization/administrative skills played a big role in your quick approval. Rather, I am disappointed that other Veterans did not get your level of service, or better. Unfortunately, many sick Veterans lack your skills and are in dire need of Veterans benefits only to find their claims mired in red tape. Far too many Veterans are homeless. As far as I am concerned ONE homeless Veteran is too many.

So far, the feedback in reference to a CNN/Youtube video about Veterans rights has been overwhelmingly positive, and Steppenwolf, who advocated something similar, hasnt even been available to contribute as of yet.

Edited by broncovet

• Founder

purple is right there is no way you can get hadit.com as a whole to say we all feel this way or that. we have to many folks, but you can say you are member of hadit.com and you can post a topic with a link to your youtube video. though my caveat about no politics or religion goes for this too. i am hoping it will be filled with with verifiable stories of veterans struggling, or have struggled and found some hope. i say verifiable, because say your story gets picked up on one the news networks, they will want to vet that persons story and if it doesn't check it, it will taint everyone else's story and that would truly be an injustice.

Purple..

Your suggestion about which media to use is duly noted. Belle has already suggested that we use CNN video instead, I am for anything that will help Veterans.

Tbird has already approved this videos reference to hadit, in her post, and, altho a video may not be approved by all hadit members, if I get more "thumbs down" than "thumbs up", then I will "back off" as well.

As of now, the only issue is of content of the video..I am aware of your position that the RO has given you great service, however, if most Veterans felt the way you do, it is unlikely that the VA would be mired in the controversy and lack of trust the way it is today, as in this CBS news video:

http://www.vawatchdog.org/09/nf09/nfmar09/nf030509-8.htm

I do not "begrudge" you for the good service you recieved, and I am sure that your organization/administrative skills played a big role in your quick approval. Rather, I am disappointed that other Veterans did not get your level of service, or better. Unfortunately, many sick Veterans lack your skills and are in dire need of Veterans benefits only to find their claims mired in red tape. Far too many Veterans are homeless. As far as I am concerned ONE homeless Veteran is too many.

So far, the feedback in reference to a CNN/Youtube video about Veterans rights has been overwhelmingly positive, and Steppenwolf, who advocated something similar, hasnt even been available to contribute as of yet.

• HadIt.com Elder

Agreed, TBird. All stories have to be true, and accurate. My face and credibility are on the line, by doing this, so I agree, everything must be verified.

purple is right there is no way you can get hadit.com as a whole to say we all feel this way or that. we have to many folks, but you can say you are member of hadit.com and you can post a topic with a link to your youtube video. though my caveat about no politics or religion goes for this too. i am hoping it will be filled with with verifiable stories of veterans struggling, or have struggled and found some hope. i say verifiable, because say your story gets picked up on one the news networks, they will want to vet that persons story and if it doesn't check it, it will taint everyone else's story and that would truly be an injustice.

bronco,

Yes, I also feel this is something Steppen has been

posting about for a couple of years, on and off.

There are hundreds of you tube and internet videos

concerning veterans having to fight with VA for their

benefits and maybe the more we have the better.

jmho,

carlie

The more the better. I agree with that. Mainly because with some of the veterans stories that come out in main stream media that are verified and obviously disgracefull for the VA, some Congressman or VA official says, 'Yes, it's a shame THIS veteran fell through the cracks and we are working to correct it', as if it is an isolated or rare occurance.

However, many individual veteran stories posted on youtube would bring more attention and get more veiwers and would show that a bad VA decision is not an isolated or rare event. Just think, you click on a youtube video, watch and hear about what has happened to this vet, and to the side is a list of more videos and more stories on the same subject. 'Gee, that's awfull what happened to THAT vet, let's see what this vet has to say', click. And the ball begins to roll. Veterans sitting at home searching the net see them and realize, 'I should tell my story too'. The ball rolls faster.

I'm afraid one video to youtube or CNN will not be enough. It won't hurt. I just don't see it having any more effect than a mainstream media story. Even with facts and figures of VA backlogs, remands, suicide rates, homeless vets wich have been reported already it will be an isolated story.

Just my thoughts. A thousand faces with a thousand stories would be far more effective that one face with knowledge of a thousand stories.

The biggest problem is no accountabilty.by any of the Agencies VARO VAMC VISN BVA VBA GEN. Counsel VAOIG Med. Inspector VHA Under Secretary Secretary Shinsekis office not to be left out.I am so disgusted with the whole mess of Agencies and there irresponsibility. this is reprehensable and shameful for our LOSS of LIFE given for FREEDOM.