Hello

kornpatch

:angry: Sorry Everybody,I jumped the gun on this. Let me tell a little about myself. I am a vietnam vet,was in the 4th infantry.Served in nam from 8/68- 5/1969.Central highlands, I have the purple heart with 1 oak leaf cluster, Silver Star,cib, vsm w/4 bronze stars,rov gallantry cross w/palm unit citation badge,ndm,vcm. I am a proud member of the "Ivy Dragoons " and lifetime member of the "Militarty order of the Purple Heart" the first member of my chapter,who helped find other members,to join and start our chapter.Was given 10% in 1970,it took me until 2007 to get 30% ptsd,fought for this for almost 30 years,like most nam vet I would get mad and give up. I am now fighting for more,should know something in a week or so. If I get turned down again, the V A can shove it.Why do I need to spend my entire life fighting? I fought once!!!! You see other vets at 100% and they don't have the medals that I have,nor saw what I saw. Or put they families through what I did, trying to forget, something you WILL NEVER forgot. Also,I never got a dime for agent orange and other people have, some do not deserve this money. Thanks for letting me stress out.

Kornpatch

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: Sorry Everybody,I jumped the gun on this. Let me tell a little about myself. I am a vietnam vet,was in the 4th infantry.Served in nam from 8/68- 5/1969.Central highlands, I have the purple heart with 1 oak leaf cluster, Silver Star,cib, vsm w/4 bronze stars,rov gallantry cross w/palm unit citation badge,ndm,vcm. I am a proud member of the "Ivy Dragoons " and lifetime member of the "Militarty order of the Purple Heart" the first member of my chapter,who helped find other members,to join and start our chapter.Was given 10% in 1970,it took me until 2007 to get 30% ptsd,fought for this for almost 30 years,like most nam vet I would get mad and give up. I am now fighting for more,should know something in a week or so. If I get turned down again, the V A can shove it.Why do I need to spend my entire life fighting? I fought once!!!! You see other vets at 100% and they don't have the medals that I have,nor saw what I saw. Or put they families through what I did, trying to forget, something you WILL NEVER forgot. Also,I never got a dime for agent orange and other people have, some do not deserve this money. Thanks for letting me stress out.

Kornpatch

Well brother, you came to the right place and stop talking about giving up this is what the VA wants and from the sounds of things there are others just like you here that can help you iron out the rough spots. I personally know what it feels like to want to throw in the towel on what seems to be a continuous fight that drains your energy and will. Just set back and let us and the elders here help you put the words right because at the end of the day it is a game of words and you'll find the words and tools you need to fight back in a more constructive way, good luck my friend you are on the right path....Yog

Welcome to Hadit!

Edited by yoggie2

kornpatch,

Welcome to Hadit. I hope this part of your claim goes well.

VA Disability percentages are granted by 38 CFR - Part 4 - Schedule of Rating Disabilities

along with the medical evidence of record in a claim.

You will find that none of the percentages granted will have anything to do with having

received any medals or awards.

This is not posted to in any way show disrespect for the medals you or others earned by

providing service to our country.

It is just to clarify that medals are not any type of pre-requisite to a grant of

VA SC'd Disability nor does having them help to get a higher percentage granted.

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_08/38cfr4_08.html

carlie