VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pain Mangement Is A Joke To Some At Va

Rate this topic

Hey Doc thanks I am going down for a visit and it is going to be during the dry season so I will have to check into that. I do know I suffer more during the winter than anytime else here. The cold breaks me down even this little dose we get in the south. I guess I am just tired of hurting pretty much like everyone else. I have abiblity to live other places both outside the US and maybe AZ who knows if changing ones enviroment helps I will let you guys know. Have a good day...

I don't blame you Oldman for wanting to live in the Philippines, however what causes arthritis to flare up is the humidity. The Philippines is popular for its humid climate.

I would do research to see what other countries have a dryer climate, that won't be so taxing on your joints.

If you are convinced about moving to this region, then consider taking a lot of anti inflammatories.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello I like a lot of other vets suffer from chornic pain. I am at the point to go live overseas in like Phillippines or some other warm place where a person can go to a Doctor and get meds. I have a Doc which I belive is a good man but it seems like all of them are afraid to treat some of us with SC pain issues. I have SC knees hips and lower back disc disease along with nueropathy in my left leg and feet. I was just wondering how many of the Vets here have ever left the US and lived over in a warm climate and if it helped them. I live in South but this winter I may become a snowbird and go down further south or overseas if things do not pick up. I hate to rant or whine but a few bad apples got to selling thier meds and now us people who I dare say would shoot someone over their meds suffer for others. Just my throw on it have a good day...

I was offered a light morphine and pain block for my injuries which are very similar to yours but I told them let's try something else first.

I live in Southeast Florida and it has helped but thinking humidity has something to do with arthritic conditions is not accurate. The Arthritus foundation recently sent us a book and it they say that low humidity has nothing to do with whether my knees, back, spine or hips hurt.... I will go for an xray, again, on Monday to find out more. I figure after almost 40 years of living with pain the pain does increase and too bad the VA believes pills will take care of everything.

Good luck and try the South before the Phillipines.. I am also told it is my state of mind that also has an increasing affect on my pain and I cannot find fun in any kind of pain.... I try but still consider them, the pain, rascals....

• In Memoriam

I have a buddy that moved to Lake Havasue Arizona for the climate. I use to go there a lot when I was young. It does get really hot some times of the year (maybe 129 sometimes), but the humidity is almost always low. Lake Mead gets a little hotter maybe 135 sometimes in Aug. or Sept., but it is a great place to go.

I think I am allergic to half the pain meds and the ones that I am not allergic too, I can only use to take the edge off the pain. If I take any more, than the edge trim dose, I get sick. Morp, sets me up like brick and it doesn't seem to do anything.

When meds aren't enough you have to search for other methods that help along with the meds.

No matter where you go, there you are. Hope it works out for you. Not to be the negative one, but the pain will follow your where ever you go. The VA has to do better with pain management.

Yeah I live in the south also I am just up a few states from you and the moment it starts to get cold I could care less what happens outside. I went to your state last year for a few weeks loved it but hated the roads there just too many people. I did like watching them aligators in the waterways. I am looking at staying with my buddy near Jacksonville when his wife goes back down there. Funny thing is I can handle flying no problem but driving kills me. I can set for an hour and really not be able to get up out of a regular chair. I am wondering if anyone has tried the deep tissue massage thing out there. I have had two back operations, nerve blocks and PT. Only thing left is like you said I am looking for anything or anywhere that would ease my pain besides the ever present pain pills. I am looking at one of them new beds with the air mattress where you can adjust the firmness. Thanks for all you guys help. It is about that time again have a good day........

I was offered a light morphine and pain block for my injuries which are very similar to yours but I told them let's try something else first.

I live in Southeast Florida and it has helped but thinking humidity has something to do with arthritic conditions is not accurate. The Arthritus foundation recently sent us a book and it they say that low humidity has nothing to do with whether my knees, back, spine or hips hurt.... I will go for an xray, again, on Monday to find out more. I figure after almost 40 years of living with pain the pain does increase and too bad the VA believes pills will take care of everything.

Good luck and try the South before the Phillipines.. I am also told it is my state of mind that also has an increasing affect on my pain and I cannot find fun in any kind of pain.... I try but still consider them, the pain, rascals....

Yeah I live in the south also I am just up a few states from you and the moment it starts to get cold I could care less what happens outside. I have had two back operations, nerve blocks and PT. Only thing left is like you said I am looking for anything or anywhere that would ease my pain besides the ever present pain pills. I am looking at one of them new beds with the air mattress where you can adjust the firmness. Thanks for all you guys help. It is about that time again have a good day........

The VA originally provided me with deep tissue therapy to my R knee due to service disability. It worked for a time but after 3 times a week sessions for a total of 24 session they stopped...Figures. I use to have the same done with me when I had a pulled muscle from College football. It was called Diaotherm then and was a bigger machine. Now the machine looks like round metal pads that direct sound waves to the affected part. The hotter it gets on the skin the more the sound wave strength.

I am on 50 mgs Tramadol, 4 times a day and two other meds for pain and inflamation.

Got use to the Tramadol now and my next step may be Morphine but I told them I would like to try everything first before the morphine......My VN buddy here take morphine and he gets very sick and his mind is not orderly using that but his pain goes away. I still say name your pill....THe VA will try all sorts of meds but it is just to keep the Vet quiet.

I got one of those fancy beds and it was great for almost a year now...It is warranted for 20 years. I have a foam bed because the air beds were just too rocky for us.... The foam beds cost plenty and so do the air beds. Got a King size for $4,600. Gosh we thought it came with a car........Good luck in your search for a painless sleep....