VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Statement Of Support Anxiety Claim

Rate this question

airborne18

Question

I have a C&P coming up for my General Anxiety claim; it is secondary to my back and chronic pain. I am going to take my wife since she and my daughter are affected by it more than me.

Should I have my wife and daughter write up statements of support, describing my mental state and how they are impacted??

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not working they should give you TDIU 100%. Also don't forget Social Security and do you have agoraphobia? If you do and you get 100% they are supposed to give you and S Rating for Housebound.

Good Luck

Should and "will" are two different things.

Not working, in itself, isn't indicative of unemployability. There are many more factors the VA will need to consider before granting IU. You have to prove to the VA that you are unemployed due to your SC conditions and not anything else. Strong evidence would include SSD award and an IMO. Also, if you were terminated or left your last job due to your SC conditions would factor in as strong evidence.

dh

If you are not working they should give you TDIU 100%. Also don't forget Social Security and do you have agoraphobia? If you do and you get 100% they are supposed to give you and S Rating for Housebound.

Good Luck

Edited by darkhorse

• HadIt.com Elder
... Also I took my wife to the c&P, and the psychologist would not let her in,...

My wife was not allowed in the C&P exam either. Also, the Ph.D. examiner told me any documents that I give her will be thrown away. I left copies of the documents with her anyway. Very unpleasant experience. The examiner was distant and disengaged. Later I checked her credentials, She got her degree six months earlier.