VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Long To Get Your Case Before A Judge?

Rate this question

John Purser

Question

I've been waiting over a year for a court date and have been told that it might take another year before I'm seen. I'm using an out of state legal service to handle my case. Is this normal or have my lawyers really screwed up?

Thanks,

John

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

In my case I found out that the average time was from 18 to 29 months from the time you get the denial letter, It has been several years but I don't think they move any faster. Have you tried to call the board of hearings to ask for the status of your claim. The number used to be 703 605 8000 or cal your local SSA office and ask for the number if changed or the 1 800 XXX-XXXX. I think they may have changed the name also.

Pete992

Guest terrysturgis

Mine took two years and a month from first denial to the ALJ. Your attorney should be able to tell you how long the process has been taking for their other cases. Each state is different. Take care. Terry

i don't know when my first denial was but i turned in my original application on april 6, 2006 and my alj hearing is on march 27, 2009. so that should give you an idea how long i've been waiting.

I've been waiting over a year for a court date and have been told that it might take another year before I'm seen. I'm using an out of state legal service to handle my case. Is this normal or have my lawyers really screwed up?

Thanks,

John

John they have started to do video conferencing to pick up the pace because they have behind on cases in some states but the norm is 24 months depending on the state you live in. I was in the 3rd worse state and that's Fla 1st it took me 30 months but that don't mean yours will be that long but plan on a year that way you'll be surprised if its sooner and know it close when a year is up and it goes down fast. I found out 2 weeks before my hearing and bam!Aproved! but that how it goes if it goes right at the hearing....Yog