VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Percentages

Rate this question

mcso111

Question

I have been lurking for a lil bit now and have noticed everyone's % of compensation from none like I am to 140% or so, my question is , what happens after you get 100% is there more pay involved? more benefits? I am just wondering because I have seen others with %'s over 100 just want to know what else is involved. thanks

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

That is when the SMC rates begin for example I have one that is 100% for my heart and other ratings for my back, knees, shoulder that combine to 60%. That qualifies me for Housebound which pays about $300 or so above the 100% rate.

I have been lurking for a lil bit now and have noticed everyone's % of compensation from none like I am to 140% or so, my question is , what happens after you get 100% is there more pay involved? more benefits? I am just wondering because I have seen others with %'s over 100 just want to know what else is involved. thanks
Edited by Boats

• HadIt.com Elder

One single disability at 100 percent plus a combination of additional disabilities at 60 or the VA calls it 100 plus 60 for a rate of SMC S.

Or a housebound rating.

J