VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Omeprazole

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I am just now reading this post maybe too old but I hope you read this. Like you I was on Omeprazole (prilosec) for years and developed a cough. First does the cough start after meals/eating? If it does than it is not related to the medication what it is is worsening reflux (GERD). For me I ended up having a surgical procedure called Nissen Fundoplication which is a procedure that completely aleviated the cough and reflux (GERD) and need for medications. Hope you see this and it helps. The surgery was a very good decision for me in my opinion.

Bergie

Pretty interesting, never heard of it, learn something everyday. Tanks for the post,

T&B

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I got the cough adn on Omeprazole but found out it was due to Lisonopril. After the Lisinopril was changed the cough went away is a few months. I still take Omeprazole. There are others you can take for Gerd. I was started on Acidoflex and I have no complaints about that one

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Pete, I was taking lisinoprol for about a year. I wasn't sure what was going on when last year I caught some kind of bug twice and they were doozies and had trouble geting rid of the dry/hacking cough. Then I saw apost on hadit about this and told my doctor, that I think the linisoprol is giving me a bad reaction. She changed the script and the dry cough is no more. Thank God.

T&B