VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic Question

cjevans

Question

My husband was awarded 100% (2 times) effective January 2008 (awarded Nov 2008) for: Laryngeal Squamous cell cancer w/metasstasis, laryngetomy, radical neck dissection, status post radiation therapy, dysphagia w/gastrostomy, nasal obstructin, difficulty breathing, and permanent tracheostomy associated with radiation. #2 Cancer metastasis to lymphh nodes associated w/ laryngeal squamous cell cancer w/metastasis, rest same as #1..

Question..Husband has been recently diagnosed w/liver cancer. If he passes away from this will I be able to receive DIC?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sharon,

I read your reply about the metatastic spreading....My husband has cancer in his pancreas (that's where they are saying it's originating this tim) spread to his L8 and L5 Lumbar, throughout his liver .....how can I get doctors to say this correctly in reports? He is 100% for the Laryengel cancer....

Just confused on what you said about secondary compared to what Berta says...They give my husband less than 6 months .....

To Sharon:

To Sharon:

As long as his cancer is listed as a primary, consequences of, or significant condition it will qualify you for DIC. The sample is attached.

PART I. Enter the chain of events - diseases, injuries, or complications - that directly caused the death. DO NOT enter terminal events such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest,

or ventricular fibrillation without showing the etiology. Enter only one cause on a line.

a. ________________________________________________________________________________

DUE TO (OR AS A CONSEQUENCE OF)

b. ________________________________________________________________________________

c. ________________________________________________________________________________

d. ________________________________________________________________________________

PART II. OTHER SIGNIFICANT CONDITIONS contributing to death but not resulting in the underlying cause given in Part I.

DCH0483sample_79695_7.pdf

Edited by sharon

SHARON....Thanks for the reply..

You gave me sample of Michigan Death Certificate...Do you or anyone else have a sample copy of State of California's?????

SHARON....Thanks for the reply..

You gave me sample of Michigan Death Certificate...Do you or anyone else have a sample copy of State of California's?????

I don't have one for California, however, they are all basically the same.

Sharon...do you know if Pancreatic, Liver and Lumbar L5 and L8 cancers are on the presumptive list for Agent Orange? I can't get access to that info at the moment...Thanks Kindly

Sharon...do you know if Pancreatic, Liver and Lumbar L5 and L8 cancers are on the presumptive list for Agent Orange? I can't get access to that info at the moment...Thanks Kindly

Chloracne or other acneform disease consistent with chloracne. (Must occur within one year of exposure to Agent Orange).

Hodgkin's disease.

Multiple myeloma.

Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma

Acute and subacute peripheral neuropathy. (For purposes of this section, the term acute and subacute peripheral neuropathy means temporary peripheral neuropathy that appears within weeks or months of exposure to an herbicide agent and resolves within two years of the date of onset.)

Porphyria cutanea tarda. (Must occur within one year of exposure to Agent Orange).

Prostate cancer.

Respiratory cancers (cancer of the lung, bronchus, larynx, or trachea).

Soft-tissue sarcoma (other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposi's sarcoma, or mesothelioma).

Types of Soft Tissue Sarcomas

Adult Fibrosarcoma

Alveolar soft part sarcoma

Angiosarcoma

Clear cell sarcoma of aponeuroses

Clear cell sarcoma of tendons and aponeuroses

Congenital fibrosarcoma

Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans

Ectomesenchymoma

Epithelioid malignant leiomyosarcoma

Epithelioid and glandular malignant schwannomas

Epithelioid sarcoma