VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Your Opinion?

Rate this question

afav8r

Question

I received this response from IRIS when I inquired about the status of my claim. The rating decision was completed before I mailed in my medical records to fully document and support my claims. Will my claim be negatively impacted since they did not wait for my records? (I told them they were on the way) What is a reasonable amount of time for me to get "the letter"? Thanks for any help you can throw my way. --Tim

In regards to whether or not your claim had been seen by the Rating Board, yes your claim has been through the rating board. Your rating decision was completed on February 9, 2009.

In regards as to whether or not your claim has been through the post determination team, no your claim is still being authorized and adjudicated (this is where we make sure all the laws and regulations have been met). Once adjudication is completed your claim will then go to the post determination team for the final action.

In regards to what percentage may be assigned to you, we will not know the final decision until after adjudication has been completed and your notification letter is complete.

Your claim should be authorized soon at which time you will receive a notification letter explaining the decisions made and the action being taken once you are finalized.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I received this response from IRIS when I inquired about the status of my claim. The rating decision was completed before I mailed in my medical records to fully document and support my claims. Will my claim be negatively impacted since they did not wait for my records? (I told them they were on the way) What is a reasonable amount of time for me to get "the letter"? Thanks for any help you can throw my way. --Tim

In regards to whether or not your claim had been seen by the Rating Board, yes your claim has been through the rating board. Your rating decision was completed on February 9, 2009.

In regards as to whether or not your claim has been through the post determination team, no your claim is still being authorized and adjudicated (this is where we make sure all the laws and regulations have been met). Once adjudication is completed your claim will then go to the post determination team for the final action.

I personally had my letter and money in 2 months on 2 claims, I am not holding my breath on this one.

In regards to what percentage may be assigned to you, we will not know the final decision until after adjudication has been completed and your notification letter is complete.

Your claim should be authorized soon at which time you will receive a notification letter explaining the decisions made and the action being taken once you are finalized.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Normally the last step in the process (crossing the t's and dotting the i's) takes anywhere from 7 - 10 days. However, with the backlog (it affects the entire process) to could take 10-18 days - give or take a couple of days. Good luck with outcome