VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Knee Problems

Rate this question

dive2deep

Question

I am 10% SC since '96 for right knee pain. My right knee has continually gotten worse over the years and my left knee (according to my VA doc) is now in as bad of or worse shape than the right. I have filed for reevaluation of the right knee for an increase and for 2ndSC on the left. What, besides a lot of waiting, should I expect from this process? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

please let us know how that works out. I have a service connected right knee and now wear a brace. My left knee is going now and am curious how to word this stuff to get secondary connection

I have an IMO letter from my private doctor and was wondering how helpful it will be in making the connection between injuries. The following is an excerpt from the letter:

"Mr. XXXX is a long standing patient of mine. It is my professional opinion that his right knee degeneration occurred secondary to posture problems dealing with his service related injury to his left knee..."

I started out with problems on my left Knee. Diagnosis was Degenertive joint Disease, and eventually the right Knee was failing due to overcompensation. I went through the a series of shots and scopes, and also had to wear a load bearing brace.Recently, I had to undergo knee replacement. Ensure that u see an orthopedic doctor, echo what your private physician is stating. If you are able, also see a VA doctor, so all doucumentation is there.