VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Forum Questionable! Think I Messed Up!

Rate this question

smilen66

Question

Today I had an appointment with a Physical Therapist at the V.A. Hospital in Durham, N.C.. One of my conditions claimed was pain in the greater tronchanter area . My primary reason for keeping this appointment (as stated to therapist after questioned ) was I was tired of managing pain, didn't want to risk another stroke because of living with pain, and wanted to be able to name the condition that caused the pain. She put me through the range of motion test and when I asked when I should let her know when I felt any discomfort she said to me there is a difference between pain and harm. She went on to say she was not trying to cause me any harm but when I said I felt discomfort she said I'm surprised. When I asked her to repeat the task she seemed surprised at the request but I explained to her I had a high tolerance for pain. She then went on to say how she hurt knee in high school, and later had problems with it and that she anticipated having to have total knee replacement one day and then how knee problems for her were in the genes (mother, sister etc.). My question is how much weight will this exam have on the C&P exam and/or my rating?

smilen66

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You will have to wait and see. The VA has never been to swift about pain and how some deal with it.

Today I had an appointment with a Physical Therapist at the V.A. Hospital in Durham, N.C. My question is how much weight will this exam have on the C&P exam and/or my rating?

smilen66

Treatment and C&P's are two separate animals.

carlie