VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Surgeon Report Heart Operation

Rate this question

littlejuniata

Question

WHen the guy who wacked my jugular, wrote his description of the event, there were absolutely no mention of times between procedures, amount of blood loss, percentage of blood losss, etc. In this day of malpractice defense it would seem that these events should be noted to the second as to how the procedure progressed, as well as the percentage of blood loss and actual amount of loss and units of blood used to replenish? Thanks in advance for all input. Also the VA will not disclose the incident report, if any was made>>

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I would do a FOIA on the surgery and any reports to the VA and the Hospital administration. I believe most surgical procedures are video taped, so you may be able to get that. Berta can probably advise you on this.

Thanks, hope Berta chimes in, I do have the report the surgeon made describing every step but there are no times stated between events or actions nor amounts of blood loss etc etc in the report, seems fishy to me, during my surgery the surgeon accidently cut my jugular vein and I nearly bled out, resulting in my being in a coma for two months, considering the severeity of this messup, I would think that times, amounts etc etc would be of paramount importance (unless the times are horribly wrong or the blood loss too severe?) to protect against libality?? Actually the report sounds more like a madman with a hatchet was working on me by the amount of damage that was done? The "noted" surgeon wants to just throw me under the bus, and VA seems to be shielding him!

Edited by littlejuniata

I would Lawyer up on this one. If you can edit the subject on this, put Help Berta in it so you know she'll look at it. She is well versed in this area. The video tape may be very telling as there may be some panic in the room from them making mistakes. My God, you were in a comma for 2 months! I would definitely pursue this with a Lawyer.