VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

“deny, Deny, Until They Die”

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

“Deny, Deny, Until They Die”

Posted on March 22, 2009 by gm

by Jim Davis, Veterans for Change

My name is Jim Davis. I founded Veterans-For-Change in 2006 because of a promise made to my father, MGySgt. Lesley A. Davis USMC (Ret), who passed away on April 24, 2006, from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gherig's Disease) which was caused by his exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam.

I promised to continue his fight to support veterans, many who are no longer capable of fighting for health care and other benefits owed to them by law. The VA has declared war on America’s heroes, our veterans!

I made a promise to my father while he was in the hospital to carry on his fight to make the VA and our Government honor their promise to always care for veterans, their spouses, and children. I know what this means.

For years, I witnessed first-hand how the VA has denied what was rightfully due to our veterans. We are in for the fight of our lives and we must take matters into our own hands and act before it's too late.

WHAT WE'RE UP AGAINST

Constant denial by the VA and the Government of any benefits, services, treatments, medications, the best medical facilities, top notch physicians, nurses which should be available any where in the country for our veterans.

Veterans, the warriors of our Country, all answered the call to duty by our President and Congress. They willingly risked their lives in defense of this great nation of ours, yet their fight is not over. Every day thousands of claims are filed for benefits, many of which sit idle in limbo, many more go denied, paperwork lost, misplaced, misfiled, shredded, letters unopened. All done to delay and deny claims.

Many of our heroes fall due to illness, while others in frustration simply give up after witnessing repeated denials by the VA to provide what was promised them in their enlistment contracts, and what has been vowed by many Presidents.

Spouses are not able to collect on benefits because they too are denied, or forced to pay back what should have been corrected in VA’s computer systems years ago and wasn’t. Spouses are also penalized by way of Survivor Benefit Compensation (SBC) and Dependency & Indemnity Compensation (DIC) payments.

The VA will deduct from retirement SBC what’s paid them on DIC payments, a “widows tax!”

Many have been waiting months, even years to get their claims honored, waiting and some, eventually die before their claims have been approved or appeals been heard, totally dishonoring our heroes.

Our veterans suffer the cruel and brutal actions of those who asked them to serve, to fight for our Country, our way of life, our freedoms, yet they want to kill us with their unwritten policy and motto “Deny, deny, until they die!”

WHAT IS VETERANS-FOR-CHANGE (VFC)

VFC is an issues advocacy organization dedicated to effectively organizing and mobilizing the most powerful grassroots veterans action network in America. We are committed to informed and coordinated written action that will lead to VA policies that promote granting benefits to our veterans and “to error in the veterans favor!”

The fight against the Veterans Affairs is a fight I know all too well. Having had to help deal with my fathers claim, then my mothers claim for benefits through the VA. The maze of different opinions, lack of or improper training that Veteran Service Officers have in filing claims, corresponding with countless hundreds and thousands of veterans nationwide who have serious illnesses, and problems with the VA in honoring their claim(s).

We are a group of veterans, spouses, family members, and friends. We review a list of current issues the VA fails to address. We then draft a letter which is approved by the group as a whole, then it’s published to be sent out via WebMail, US Mail, or fax to all 535 members of Congress.

What we want is quite simple, fund the VA in all programs properly, and effectively to today’s financial needs, not based on 2-3 years prior. We want them to process claims within 90-days, begin to look more serious into the many illnesses suffered today which are or were caused by checmicals, stress, etc, and honor the promises made!

We’re all very tired of attending funerals of our fallen heroes because of lack of funding, slowness of processing claims, failure to provide the medical benefits as promised!. That's how I know about this fight.

WHY VETERANS-FOR-CHANGE IS NEEDED

I founded Veterans-For-Change to honor my fathers request that I continue his fight for other Veterans, to be a veterans action network that will be the front-line voice for all veterans and their families. Our goal is to create a powerful grassroots organization of veterans... committed to the defense and advocacy of veterans benefits to care for those who helped make America great;

committed to the dissemination of information about what VA has and has not done and really is.

The President, Congress, and Veterans Affairs should be committed to our military, and our veterans, they defended our country, provided national security and defense and protected our freedoms and way of life. They each took an oath to defend the United States and its Constitution from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic and they did, without question, pause or hesitation.

We need to hold our elected representatives accountable to uphold their oath of office to defend the United States and its Constitution from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic - which clearly includes and is not limited to protecting our nations veterans!

WHY DOES OUR STRUGGLE MATTER? IT MATTERS BECAUSE...

• If we don't win the war against the VA other issues won't matter at all.
  • We won't have an economy to worry about.
  • We won't have equal rights for all.
  • We won't have our cherished freedom.

And we will live under lack of those who wish to serve holding back because our country will only let them down.

WE CAN WIN THIS WAR. WE MUST WIN THIS WAR.

Our Veterans stood up to the terror and tyranny of Nazism -- and won.

Our Veterans stood up to the terror and tyranny of Communism - and won.

If we will stand up to the terror and tyranny of the VA , we will once again win.

Veterans-For-Change has been founded so veterans do not have to stand alone against the threat of constant battle and denial of benefits, medications, treatments, top notch medical facilities and medical staff, or dying for their country feeling they’ve been let down, discarded like used equipment.

Join us today and become part of this growing movement of loving Americans who will not stand by while our veterans lives are under assault.

OUR MEMBERS INCLUDE:

Veterans of the Marines, Navy, Army, Air Force, spouses, family members, and friends of Veterans.

We come from all backgrounds both secular and religious, liberals and conservatives. These good people have put their differences aside to combat the wrong doings of our Presidents, members of Congress and the Veterans Affairs.

For more information E-Mail: JDAVIS90813@hotmail.com

To Sign up to help: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VETERANS-FOR-CHANGE/

Source: http://www.veteranstoday.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5431

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet