VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Time Frame

Rate this question

seven777

Question

hello vets , i had a ? about when i will get my rating, i am a 2x iraq combat medic w/ ptsd,djd,hypertension,psoriasis...I called the800 number and they keep saying that it's in the final stages , I recieved a MEB in august, unemployment will be running out soon,and it just seems to be adding to my ptsd symptoms, all the va doc does is give too many medications, thanks for all the help, great forum,thanks....

seven777

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The 800 number is not always a good source of accurate info.

If you go to the VA web site, under Comp Icon they have a Email contact page- you can send them an Iris email (follow the form steps by steps ) and perhaps get a better status on your claim-.

Welcome here and Thank You for your Service!

If you go to the VA web site, under Comp Icon they have a Email contact page- you can send them an Iris email (follow the form steps by steps ) and perhaps get a better status on your claim-.

Berta, thanks, i did the iris thing and they said "

Your claim is currently with the rating board as of March 9, 2009. Generally, this process takes 30 to 60 days to complete. Upon the completion of the decision your claim will then move to our authorization department for verification and review. This is where all the I’s are dotted and the T’s are crossed, and this process takes about 60 to 90 days to complete. ", does this seem long to you?, thanks

:angry: I filed my claim 03-03-08 for both PTSD and Hearing loss. I see my story in yours. You were probably told things would happen by certain dates - timeframe deadlines for your records to be received. I received the standard letters from my Regional Office saying they are still working on the claim, or calling the USELESS 800# where they read a scripted response to you, but still no real proof of thingfs happening. All you can do is sit back and wait. If you read Hadit for awhile, there are still Vets from the Vietnam era who are just like you. It says alot for the VA...

hello vets , i had a ? about when i will get my rating, i am a 2x iraq combat medic w/ ptsd,djd,hypertension,psoriasis...I called the800 number and they keep saying that it's in the final stages , I recieved a MEB in august, unemployment will be running out soon,and it just seems to be adding to my ptsd symptoms, all the va doc does is give too many medications, thanks for all the help, great forum,thanks....

seven777