Just Joined From Michigan, Grand Rapids Area

richash60

just joined from Michigan. Sent my paperwork for VA compensation on March 9th of this year. Have been given authority to obtain medical treatment through the VA. My claim is for 35% reduction in lung function by my own doctor. I have a prostrate problem where I have to get up 5 to 7 times a night to use the restroom. I have been on avodart for 5 months with no relief. But I don't have cancer. I have continuous ringing in the ears and have lost 35 to 40 % hearing in both ears. I am claiming all of this was due to Agent Orange. I was in Viet Nam 69 70. I had my first visit to the VA today. They are scheduling all kinds of tests for me but was told the lung problems are just COPD. I was a smoker but I quit 17 years ago. Should I continue the claim. Your thoughts please

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest t�e�r�r�y�s�t�u�r�g�i�s

Welcome aboard. I live in Martin. I too am a 69-70 graduate of the University of Viet Nam. Absolutly continue any claim you have. The worst thing that can happen is a denial and as most of the senior members of this site know, denial is just the first step in winning a claim.

Also, if you can not work, file for SSD right away. Take care. Terry

Glad to have you here fellow vet.

Yes by all means continue with your claim for compensation and disability. You need to write to the regional office for copies of all of your service records, everything in your files. Requests these under the Freedom of Information Act FOIA. Also are you representing yourself, or utalizing a VSO(veterans service officer) like vfw, dav, al, state veterans commission officer,etc? Did you receive a combart ribbon, or other proof of combat experience while in Viet Nam? Any reported injuries? Any treatments in service for wound, problems, injuries?

This would help with your claim of hearing problems, loss and tinnitis(ringing in the ears). Any or all people, physicians, dr visits over the years records will help too.

DO YOU HAVE FAMILY MEMBERS OR BUDDIES WHO CAN VOUCH FOR YOUR PROBLEMS, AND BUDDY LETTERS MAY HELP TOO. First of all you have joined one of the most helpful sites you could have found on the net. We are vets, family of vets, active people for the rights of vets.

Check the forum info areas as you may find hints from others too. Good luck and stay focused as you will find the va is not your friend, and you will have to prove and prove and prove your claim information to them before they will grant. But remember we have all been in this fight and will continue to fight and help eachother here. Never give up with your quest!! :angry:

just joined from Michigan. Sent my paperwork for VA compensation on March 9th of this year. Have been given authority to obtain medical treatment through the VA. My claim is for 35% reduction in lung function by my own doctor. I have a prostrate problem where I have to get up 5 to 7 times a night to use the restroom. I have been on avodart for 5 months with no relief. But I don't have cancer. I have continuous ringing in the ears and have lost 35 to 40 % hearing in both ears. I am claiming all of this was due to Agent Orange. I was in Viet Nam 69 70. I had my first visit to the VA today. They are scheduling all kinds of tests for me but was told the lung problems are just COPD. I was a smoker but I quit 17 years ago. Should I continue the claim. Your thoughts please

• In Memoriam

Welcome richash60

If you have any questions it would be better for you to ask them in the Claims Research Forum. The Claims Research is where most questions are asked and answered.