VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2nd C & P

Rate this question

Boomer1

Question

I have prosate cancer, the prostate was removed April 2008, we (DR and I), have been watchful waiting to see what is goin on with the PSA. From the Lab report after the prostate was removed, show the cancer went out side the prostate. PSA was 1st one .01, ON 5/20/08 then it went to 0.1, 9/30/08, went down, .03 11/08, in JAN 09 BACK TO 0.1. NOW AT .05, MAR 09. i HAD MY 1ST c7p IN Nov 08, received a letter in Jan informing me cutting comp down to 60%. Went to the VA Murfreesboro, TN, consult with Dr Mobley, Chief of Urology, he looked at Lab Report, examined me, wrote this report.

Impression,

1. Residual prostate Ca as evidenced by a 10X increase in the psa, and the pathologcal specimen from prostatomy.

2. Refractory impotence aka loss of the use of a creative organ.

3. Debiliatating urinary incontinence requiring significant pads and devices.

4. Persistanent prostate cancer will require radiation therapy or hormonal manipulation per Dr. Mansur's discretion.

Summary: Patient has active prostate cancer and is dealing with the sequelae of attempting to remove it. Will experience even more morbidity with further treatment and doubt that his cancer is curable.

I am going for my second C&P, Apr 4, 09, this time I go to Nashville, TN 1st C&P was at Murfreesboro, TN. Yes it's on a Saturday.

After I received the letter from the VA that they were cutting my disability payment, I wrote them a letter disputing their decision. After I receive this report from the Urology Dr, DR. Mobley, I sent the VA the report.

Give me some advise as to what may be going on?

Regards

Hank Hoogenboom

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

The C&P is to see if there is still active prostate cancer. You should remain at 100%.

Your dr wrote a good report. From my experience, you have not reached "maximum improvement" and it is standard for the VA to ask for a c&p exam. Until you have reached the maximum improvement, you should stay at 100%. Also you should ask them for smk (loss of prostate) which you should get immediately since they removed the prostate. Your dr. also shows incontinence. All these are in your favor. Go to the c&p, make sure you then ask for a copy of the c&p report from the va's release of information dept. Good luck. Try not to get stressed-so far so good. Have you been unable to work? If so file for TDIU and social security (if you have enough credits).

Thank You my fellow brothers, you all are a great help. I'll report back after my C&P.

I had radiation treatment for prostate cancer from 10/2007 - 12/2007. I submitted for compensation in 10/2008. I recieved the C&P exam in 3/2009. Back in October 2008 I sent the VA everything they needed including the pathology report showing I had a Gleason score of 7(4-3). I recieved a letter last week indicating that they had sent out a request to St. Johns hospital for the patchology report even thorugh they have a copy that I submitted.

Since my submission for compensation was approximately 12 months after my radiation treatment, do you think that I will recieve a temporary 100% disability for six months and then start recieving adjusted monthly amounts?

Thanks,

Gary