VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just A Thought On Invasive Medical Testing At Vamcs

Rate this topic

I was told it would be disapproved...but then I was advised by someone else recently that since there is a new chief of mental health that I should go ahead and submit a letter that the chances of it being approved now are better.

I haven't been back to my tdoc in quite awhile....I'm pretty much a wreck.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA hates to give any Veteran a chance to get decent mental health treatment. Just my opinion.

That said you can win I did it myself. When they turned me down I appealed and asked for a shrink to be on my hearing board. What can they do when a shrink says it would be better for you than you are getting.

• HadIt.com Elder
VAMC are supposed to be in the top ten for Jokea accreditation. I know it is supposed to be spelled that way. Hope my wife doesn't see this.

And, all this time I thought it was spelled JACHOF.................................and, just to think, I was a consultant to the Joint Commission and a member of the AHA and ASHE!

Just mark it down to my inability to smell.....errrr, I mean, SPELL!

Those of you who had put up with me for very long know I have an intense fear/distrust/dislike of doctors and their little pain inflicting devices. The recent flap over the unsanitary conditions at some Vas gives me one more reason to avoid these veteran hating witch docotors!

Edited by goofycow

Those of you who had put up with me for very long know I have an intense fear/distrust/dislike of doctors and their little pain inflicting devices. The recent fla[ over the unsanitary conditions at some Vas gives me one more reason to advoid these veteran hating witch docotors!

• 2 weeks later...

A follow-up.

I was at the Dayton VA yesterday...speaking with another women vet who is also a surgical technician. We got to talking about this very topic. She said she also would never allow the Dayton VA to do any invasive testing or surgery on her at all! She said she used to work there on their surgical floor and she had to quit because she couldn't stand the things she saw!

She said during surgical procedures there are sterile fields that everyone in the OR is not supposed to cross so that the pt does not get a potentially life-threatening infection.

She said that at Dayton, those fields were crossed all the time...she would speak up and they told her to keep quiet if she wanted to keep her job. She reported them after she quit; but nothing was done.

OMG!!!! ;) :)

She now works at a civilian hospital.