VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter Of Increase

Rate this question

dive2deep

Question

I was going through all of the paper work I have form the VA in preparation for an upcoming C&P exam. Among the stacks of appointment schedules and other junk I found a letter dated Aug 13, 1999. This letter was sent after a C&P I had back then. The findings attached to the letter stated that I meet the criteria for 20% compensation. What makes this interesting is the fact that I have been receiving pay at the 10% rate. I called that 800# and faxed them the letter. I was told this would be opened as a claim and the letter would be forwarded to my RO. Should I be paid retroactive for the last 10 years? Has anyone seen this happen to anyone else?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Page 2 of what I have referred to at a "letter" is a VA form on blue paper that says "Rating Decision" at the top.

I think it was a mistake that the VA sent you the blue sheet but I sure am glad for

you that they did - I believe the blue sheet is an internal copy.

Presumablly the same thing cowgirl is talking about. The cover letter and the "Rating Decision" page both state in more than one instance a 20% rating. The rating decision gives the results of the exam and reasons to be rated at 20% vs. 30%.

Hey - there you go - bingo - it actually states and verifys the rationale for a grant of 20 %.

I smell retro, ummm-ummm good - ummmm-ummmm good - that's what retro is, is

ummm,ummm good ! !

jmho,

carlie

I sure hope you are right Carlie, 10 years of retro would be nice, very very very nice! B)

Not necessarily. I have bene told after 6 years that my P&T award was in error due to one line in the 3 page letter.

Dive 2deep -do you have a vet rep ?

it would be great to have a rep with an office in or near your RO building to be on your watch for this one-

Sounds to me they do owe you some RETRO!!!!!!!!Back to 1999!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they dont try to say this is just a typo-you could file a CUE claim if they dont square this away fast.

I got a statement in a denial letter once that was a statement of a full award of DIC under 1151.

I knew right away is was a typo but I sure tried to hold them to it.

Three years later they made the same statement in an award letter and retroed me.

I am anxious to see the results of all this.

Men and women SAVE it ALL!!!!!!!

I saved every single thing that I got from VA since 1981.

It amazes me not only how many $$$$ errors I got them on (over $40,000 worth)but also how significant those old SOCs are to my present claim.