VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personal Account Of Incident

Rate this question

sharon

Question

Thanks for this update Sharon...I hope everyone sees it. Maybe you should try posting it on the main forum too...I see that only 50 have checked it out thus far...but this will help a vet.

• In Memoriam

The real problem with this 2008 document change is the No Viet Nam Veterans could have been diagnosed with PTSD in service, because PTSD was not even a word or recognized until after the VN conflict. There was no PTSD screening for VN Vets at their separation from service.

We are therefore amending Sec. 3.304(f) to relax the requirements for establishing service connection for PTSD that was diagnosed in service. We are adding a new paragraph, which provides that, if the evidence shows that the veteran's PTSD was diagnosed during service and the claimed stressor is related to that service, in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to the contrary, and provided that the claimed stressor is consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships of the veteran' service, the veteran's lay testimony alone may establish the occurrence of the claimed inservice stressor.

Edited by Stretch

• In Memoriam

To view this document you need to download and install the free Adobe Accrobat Reader. The Adobe Reader is a must for many documents that you will see on Hadit and other sites.

http://get.adobe.com/reader/

If you decide to download this program deselect the google toolbar addition. You don't need that toolbar piece of junk on your browser.

Edited by Stretch

• HadIt.com Elder

No PTSD screen for WWII, Korean, RVN vets. There was no PTSD diagnosis until 1980 I think. I got SC'ed for a "nervous condition".