VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Personal Account Of Incident

Rate this question

sharon

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The real problem with this 2008 document change is the No Viet Nam Veterans could have been diagnosed with PTSD in service, because PTSD was not even a word or recognized until after the VN conflict. There was no PTSD screening for VN Vets at their separation from service.

We are therefore amending Sec. 3.304(f) to relax the requirements for establishing service connection for PTSD that was diagnosed in service. We are adding a new paragraph, which provides that, if the evidence shows that the veteran's PTSD was diagnosed during service and the claimed stressor is related to that service, in the absence of clear and convincing evidence to the contrary, and provided that the claimed stressor is consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships of the veteran' service, the veteran's lay testimony alone may establish the occurrence of the claimed inservice stressor.

I am a combat wounded vietnam vet. When I filed for CRSC, the army wrote back that my 10% PTSD VA raiting was not listed as combat related. LOL So I wrote the VA and asked them to fix it. They wrote back and said they had to reopen my claim for PTSD. On 05, February 2009, I received a denial letter from the VA that included the statement." Your service treatment records show no complaint, treatment, or diagnosis of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder". B) :P B) :lol:

Edited by Commander Bob

If you read over carefully the actual proposed regulation-

you will see exactly what criteria the VA has in mind for these types of PTSD claims.

This reg was discussed here at length and many of us posted comments to the proposed relaxed PTSD criteria.

I personally belivce this reg-if it gets into 38 CFR and M21-1 -will only apply to OIF OEF veterans due to the specific wording of the regulation.

It is all here somewhere with discussion and link to the Fed Reg .