Did Ssd Make A Mistake?

Stressed11

Just joined and am not sure where to ask this.

I was in the Navy 1974 to 1981 active. Reserves until 1989 when I failed a physical for my back surgery and hearing loss.

I'm currently rated at 40% for a back injury service connected, and 0% for hearing loss SC. I am also 100% for SSD. My original rating was set at 20% and 0%. So I filed an appeal. Yesterday I got a desission letter. Denied me and increase for my back, but gave me 10% for radiculopathy. The letter also stated that I was unemployable according to SSA for a broken leg (not SC) only not my back. I checked with the SSA and the girl there said they only have to give one reason for putting me on disabillity. So SSA says my leg which was broken at the time. We all know nobody gets SSA for a broken leg, my back was considered.

My concern is now will VA use this to say I'm not IU for my back injury? I haven't worked since 02, and I've been putting 4 kids thru college.

I also have claims pending for bilateral knee pain due to my back, and depression (?PTSD related?).

I'm thinking I should have the DAV file two more for tinnitus, and PTSD.

Did the SSA screw me by puting that on my desission letter?

Stressed

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Maybe you have to play the cards that are dealt. I find it amazing that you would get a Social Security award for a broken leg?

• 3 weeks later...

hello, ssdi for a broken leg is great. i am very happy for you. i would be worrying,well,thinking about the review that the ssa is going to give you within the next few years by their own doctor, especially if you are under 50 years old. just something to think about.

• 4 years later...

Get this I posted this in 2009, and I still haven't heard from the VA. Ten years fighting with them over my case!!! I have resorted to getting my congressman involved, and they are ignoring him. The gall of the local office to ignore a congressional inquiry! What to do next?

Stressed11