Long Time Reader, First Time Poster

Contin

First off, thank you to everyone who has posted numerous topics and offered valued insight to the inner workings of the VA disability system. Also, a special thank you to T-Bird. I have been reading these forums since the first version of this site. Your strength to persevere through the problems of peoeple blindly flaming you to threatening you and to come out building this site stronger then it has ever been. You sir, I salute you!

Now for who I am.

I am a 35 year old veteran of the Army. I served from '93 to '97 when I blew my back out while deployed to Bosnia. When I got out, I was orignally awarded 20% for my back. In 2001, had another surgury and was diagonosed with DDD and reevulated to 60%. In 2004, it was upped to 70% after another surgury. In January this year, I was terminated from my job for poor attendance due to continued problems and pain due to my lower back. I immed applied for unemployability. Today I recieved my decision letter and I am happy to say that they awarded my unemployability dating back to Jan 8th of this year.

Due to the numerous reference material avialable on this site in regards to DDD and lower back problems, I was able to fight this fight and win.

I will probably be making more posts in here now and once again, thank you to the community that makes this site a fantastic resource for any veteran, disabled or not.

~Contin

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for your comments and being a long time Hadit Member.

Look forward to your future posts

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome, Thank you for your service and I am glad that you were able to get whats due you. ooh yes! True, when Tbird started this sight her vision was selfless and dedicated to other vets to have a place to learn.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up2009!