VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Problems With Spine Injections

Rate this topic

Yesterday I had a spinal injection for the first time. I sat there waiting talking to the others that where ahead of me waiting to go in. They all told me they work pretty good it just depends on the person how long they last. I sat there waiting and saw that it only took about 15 min for each of them to come out of the room. They explaind to me what they where going to do and how it worked. I went back to the room to have the procedure done not feeling to bad about it. I was wrong. I was in there over and hour they had 2 docters there working on me, I think the one working on me was a medical student. I was x-rayed so much I am supprised I don't glow in the dark. Overall it took them about 45 min to give up on where they where trying to get it, so they told me they where going to put it in the middle of the spine and hope some medicin moves into the right spot. Overall they had me in there over an hour moving the needles around in me.

I don't want to say it is a bad thing to have done. It seemed to work great for most people I guess I was one of the few it would not work on I felt tourtered when I left there I was shaking and they would not let me stand for a while because they thought I was going to pass out and they wanted to see if my heart rate was going to go down. Afterwards the docters came out and asked me if I was ok. I did not know haw to take it. I told them how I felt which was I did not see them once come out and ask any other person there afterwards if they where ok. I asked them what they did to me My back was startiing to throb bad. They tore up the muscles in my back and now that the numbing medicen wore off I feel worse off then when I went there.

I guess what Im getting at is there anything I can do about it. Right now I never want to go through that again. Is there someone I can talk to at the VA about it.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask to speak to a "patient representative" at the hospital, who may give you somewhat of an answer. However, problems of this type should be brought to the attention of "Chief of Medical Administration". This should not have happened. I've had multiple spinal injections from a private hospital "pain clinic", with little pain, actually just uncomfortable. **A good pain clinic injects a "local" anesthetic to numb the area before inserting the larger needle. They view the insertion of the large needle under a florouscope to insure the proper area is injected. I think you received treatment from a couple of "Duck Hunters" and the VAMC Chief of Medical Administration Office should be made aware of this!!

• HadIt.com Elder

It usually doesnt take effect until after the second day.

I had a worse experience than you did, I had a reaction and coded on the table.

After the second day I did feel better.

As for the Xrays, they do this procedure under floroscopy. This is a live Xray that allows them to see the path of the needle so they dont inject you inthe wrong place.

I had them in the Neck and shoulder at the same time.

J