VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Meds

Rate this topic

i was at the Pain Clinic on Monday and the Doc suggested that they put me on Tramadol and Gabapentin. I have read a lot of the posts on the Gabapentin is anyone out there taking Tramadol. Right now I am taking Vicoden and I have been on it for years and it is no longer working I have built a large tolerance to it. I am just worried that Tramadol might be too strong. They wanted to put me on methadon or morphine i asked if they had anything else that is when they suggested Tramadol. Does it work well I have a bad back with bulging disks and Spinal Stenosis, and bad nerve pain in my left leg I am just worried it might not work.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi-

Personally, I don't know about these meds, but I suggest the same thing to everyone when they get new meds from the VA. Go to a reputable internet source (like WebMD, etc) and search these meds and read up on all of the side effects. Also do a search for medication interactions and input all meds you are on! Very important!!

I hope that it all works out for you and you are able to get pain relief.

May I offer a suggestion? I know the VA doesn't pay for it...but for some it helps without the powerful pain meds. A chiropractor. Myself and my entire family use them for back, neck, leg, shoulder--you name it. Despite what some say--they aren't quacks, they really help, and if they can't, they will tell you. Just a thought. Good luck.

Tramadol is a non narcotic pain med, it is like a strong aleve if I spelled it right, is is not

stronger then vic 500mg, it does work for some patients. :lol:

• HadIt.com Elder

Good luck you should listen to your Doc and give it a fair trial. Just my opinion.