VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter To Larry Scott

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is a letter I have sent to Larry Scott concerning my colonoscopy at Miami VAMC.

T&B

Mr. Scott, I am contacting you in reference to colonoscopy incidences. I live in Miami and use the Miami VA hospital for most of my medical needs and have not had any real negative issues as a patient there. But, I am concerned about this, because I had a colonoscopy there last year. Today I had an appointment for my PTSD group, so I figured I would inquire as to why I never received a letter from them informing me of this problem. They had turned my PCP/blue team unit into a big lab for vets wanting to get there blood drawn for this incident. The lab technician was surprised that I was not contacted by mail or phone ( as one of my vet friends was) and asked how I heard about it, I said I read about it in the news. They took my blood and supposedly it goes to Tampa and I will be notified within two weeks of the results. After my group session a doctor told me all the vets who were notified were in a select group that had a colonoscopy with a certain piece of equipment that was not cleaned properly. This confuses me and worries me, because that is not what I have been reading. In your columns I think the VA specifically, said all veterans between 04 and March 09, who had the procedure should be tested. Correct me if I am wrong or is there a lot misinformation going on at the VA. I would hate to see some vets fall through the crack on this, as I almost did. Respectfully,

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days