VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For A Great Attorney For A Chapter 31 Denial Case

Rate this question

RickyO

Question

Anyone have one?

I've had it with these bureaucrats the VA hires. Especially the non-Veterans, who have know clue what we are talking about.

The one they assigned me isn't a Vet, understands VA double-speak, but has absolutely no common sense.

I sent my complaint to the Director's office in Washington, and they forwarded it back to the idiots.

I was Infantry in Vietnam, wounded, and did my job. This is what I took shrapnel for.

I need a good lawyer who has some experience fighting the VA.

p.s. Here's how they see us. I've heard this more than once from VA staff: "You get a disability for a scar." My response: Yea bitch, I have a scar. I also spent 6 months before that, sleeping in rice paddies, being sucked dry by leeches, in monsoon rains and wet for months at a time, with crotch of my fatiques rotted out, with puss oozing from sores on my feet, wondering when the next round of sniper fire would come in, looking for trip wires and false bottom pits with pungie stakes, and really not caring much about tomorrow because I wasn't sure I would make it out of today. But you're right, it's only a scar; one that occurred when shrapnel ripped through my skin, through the muscle, and came to rest somewhere in side. This why someone was wiping your ass when you were 18 months old, and would have no memory of it all." By the way, I'm 60% disabled, have been out of work for years and am trying to resurrect myself in the job market. I've gone ahead with training, going thousands in debt, and while the VA sees me as unworthy, four local agencies have been able to pitch a few dollars here and there.

Screw the VA. I'm setting every recruit I meet straight. If they are going into the service for the benefits, rethink it.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky:

Have you asked for TDIU? Have you filed for Social Security?

Good Luck on getting a job.

• HadIt.com Elder

RickyO - IU is individual unemployability and TDIU is total disability based on individual unemployability, which currently pays $2673 a month for a single vet.

pr

Okay, I'm new at this.

What is an IU and a TDIU?

Edited by Philip Rogers

That's not my goal.

My goal is to get back to work.

My goal also is to get this totally screwed up VA to understand they are suppose to be helping the Vet, not putting up arcane reasons why he or she 'might' fail.

30 years, and nothing's changed. The VA is still the Veterans worst enemy.

• HadIt.com Elder

Take the TDIU. This is a hell of a time to try and get a job even if you are trained. If you do go through voc rehab how old will you be when you get done? Is anyone going to want to hire you? Think about it. If you get TDIU it lasts for a lifetime. No pension I know pays that good. Most companies don't even offer pensions now days, and you can't live on SSA when you get to be 65.