VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Me Or Is It The Vamc

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

On March 31st I had been scheduled to see a Doc for Pharmacy and take labs. I had been sick and did not feel to swift and could not find someone to go with me. I called VA Telecare and was number 53 in line. After 45 minutes I was number 27 and sometimes loosing ground instead of gaining. I finally gave up.

Today I received in the mail a notice that I was a NO SHOW and that as a No Shower I woud not be able to renew prescriptions nor do anything at VA till I saw my primary Doc.

I called today and after 35 minutes I was able to make an appointment with my primary care Doc they had canceled one I already had for next week. Now its May 11th and I am wondering since I did not get my April 4th Prescription if they canceled that?

Although I have my share of MedicaL pROBLEMS i WONDER HOW SOMEONE WHO CANNOT MANAGE DEALS WITH THESE BASTARDS?

Bottom line they are vindictive SOB's who are completely irresponsible and I am fixing to opt out of VA system and just use my Medicare and Supplement.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, you can write a letter to the director of the VA and ask them to reinstate your meds and explain that you attempted to call.

Then tell them your intentions to go outside of the VA for care if this is not fixed ASAP.

J

Edited by jbasser

Get in touch with the patient advocate. That is what they are there for. Also don't cut off your nose to spite your face. The VA could care less if you opted out of the system but you have the right to be in the system. Make them make the system work.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

It's definately THEM. I am so sorry you have to deal with this crap! There must be another way! You have been struggling with these TURDS for-ever; if you CAN use another medical system, I would do just that. You also have the option of using Medicare while you file a "1151 Claim". The fact that the VA Pharmacies are not getting meds to the veterans on time, is cause for damages. Veterans are HURT by these actions; and in some cases their disabilities are surely aggravated. In some cases, the veteran can die without their medications. Again, I'm sorry, they are mistreating a you veterans. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

I was late 15 minutes for an appointment one time & they made me make the 300 mile trip at a later date. I turned around & went home.

Talk with your team social worker & see if they can help. I wouldn't let them run me out of the health care if your entitled to it.

They also have their ways of making it worse.

Right now, I'm getting as good of care with my VA PCP as I am with my civilian Dr.

Good luck Pete. Don't give up.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks I have decided that I am not a door mat and I am going to fight. I appreciate all who replied I was pretty upset so I took a short vacation and just watched TV with my wife and dogs.

Tomorrow I will get ready to deal with them and this time everything is going to be on paper. I am going after them on their unresponsive telephone system