VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Me Or Is It The Vamc

Rate this topic

Pete53

Sorry to hear that you're being put thru all of this. I know my reaction would be similar to yours if it were me. My wife worked in a hospital for several years so I asked her what action she'd recommend and she agreed with Sharon, go thru the hospital's customer service/patient advocate or patient representative first. Your VAMC's website should have their direct numbers if they haven't provided you with a list.

Best of luck with all of this.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If you call the tele-nurse program, they are supposed to log the call details in your treatment records.

I went through the same bs two years ago here in Bham. They refused to refill my medication, so I talked to the tele-nurse's boss. I quoted this and they quickly refilled my meds and scheduled me an annual primary care appt for a couple of weeks later:

http://www.patientadvocate.va.gov/rights.asp

III. Participation in Treatment Decisions

• You have the right to have your pain assessed and to receive treatment to manage your pain. You and your treatment team will develop a pain management plan together. You are expected to help the treatment team by telling them if you have pain and if the treatment is working.
  • As an inpatient or nursing home resident, you will be provided any transportation necessary for your treatment plan.
    You have the right to choose whether you will participate in any research project. Any research will be clearly identified. Potential risks of the research will be identified and there will be no pressure on you to participate.
    You will be included in resolving any ethical issues about your care. You may consult with the Medical Center's Ethics Consultation Service and/or other staff knowledgeable about healthcare ethics.
  • If you or the Medical Center believes that you have been neglected, abused or exploited, you will receive help.

• You are encouraged and expected to seek help from your treatment team or a patient advocate if you have problems or complaints. You will be given understandable information about the complaint process. You may complain verbally or in writing, without fear of retaliation.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is a very old post last year to be exact and everything got fixed.

Thanks to all who responded.