Hello All... A Bit About My Twice Denied Claim.

sawgunner

Hello.

I"m Brian.

I work as a police officer in Virginia.

I joined the Virginia ANG back in 1997 when I was 20. While stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood "12-B", I injuried my hip while marching. We were just marching... No big story here, but as we turned right, my left hip went out on me and I had a great deal of difficulty walking and was forced to fall out of the formation and report to sick call.

I saw a doctor there on at least 2 ocassions and was prescribed medication. I was able to get through AIT but the pain never really went away. I noticed pain in my back for the first time and had trouble getting out of a car after driving for any distance. Again, age 20.

My unit got called up for the war effort in 2003 and while stationed at Fort Eustis, I re-injured my hip and back and spent most of the 5 month deployment on a light duty profile. I was in physical therapy, was prescribed medication again, and was considered for a medical discharge but our orders were cut and I ets'd before I heard any word from the med board, I actually didn't even know about it until I searched for my records and found about it this past year.

I did an lod on both my back and hip but it was not in my medical records jacket that I recived from the VA, infact, nothing about my hip and back was in that jacket. NOTHING.

I have moved a couple of times and was no able to locate my copies.

The VA denied my claim for failure to show the injury was service connected.

Now I have finnialy located a copy om my physical therapy records and have sent them to my Congressman's office.

I have been diagnosed with Degenerative Disc Disease in my back and one hip sets one inch higher than the other. I also now have trouble with my neck.

I have had chronic pain in my back for years now. It hurts every single day of my life. I have trouble sleeping at night and I am not able to do the things I used to do. I took a job as a campus police officer to get off the road and I like my job, but I wish I were able to do other things, in case I ever wanted to.

I"ll be the first to admit that I do not know how to deal with the VA. Sometimes I feel as lost as I did when I first filed my claim back in 2005. I fliled a new claim in 2007 and provided my medical records to DAV. Their reps would not return my phone calls, or even respond to certified mail.

Same with the VA.

I sent a letter of objection to their last denial and they told my Congressman they never recived it. I"ll send a new one tomorrow via certified mail.

Can anyone here offer me advice?

Alot of what I see here I don't understand. I don't get alot of the abbreviations and suck, so please take baby steps with me.

I spoke to an attorney who advised that she thought I had an excellent case.

What do you guys think?

Advice?

I still have not been able to locate my records from Ft. Leonard Wood but I remember the doctors stating that I had burstis in my hip.

Thanks.

Brian.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic