VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dsm And Gaf?

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i just received my psych exam papers in the mail and here is what they say. my gaf score is 60 and he said i am DSM iv for major depression that in his opinion are caused by my sc injuries. i am currently 30%left hand 30%right hand 20% left foot 20%right foot 10%tinnitus and 10%broken clavicle oh yeah and he said the tinnitus was made worse by my sc injuriis and the pain from them also is causing the depression. he also listed i have panic attacks 2-3 times weekly but that is helped by the medication foe depression the va gives me. i am currently rated at 80%. any ideas what the rating board may think?? i really value the help you folks give thanks and god bless

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
i just received my psych exam papers in the mail and here is what they say. my gaf score is 60 and he said i am DSM iv for major depression that in his opinion are caused by my sc injuries. i am currently 30%left hand 30%right hand 20% left foot 20%right foot 10%tinnitus and 10%broken clavicle oh yeah and he said the tinnitus was made worse by my sc injuriis and the pain from them also is causing the depression. he also listed i have panic attacks 2-3 times weekly but that is helped by the medication foe depression the va gives me. i am currently rated at 80%. any ideas what the rating board may think?? i really value the help you folks give thanks and god bless

Sounds like the exam went well for you. Was this a Comp and Pen Exam? Have you filed a Claim for Depression. God Bless you too! ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you working?

If you can't work they will probably give you TDIU if you have asked for it.

If you are working you will get another service rating but will not get much more than 80% or 90% total.

Best of luck

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are working than you won't go up that much. If you are not working you may get bumped up enough to get 100% and possibly a S rating which is a bump of over 300 bucks a month. You have to give us some info.

Working or not?

Do you get SSD?

So bottom line is if you are working they may give you 30% for Depression about the most which could maybe get you up to 90%

Hope that this helps

Edited by Pete53

• HadIt.com Elder
i am currently rated at 80% with a sc total of 120% i was hoping that with thre depression rating being sc there may be an increase. is that possible?

If at least one of your service-connected disabilities is rated at 60%, then file for TDIU.

The Depression claim may or may not be granted (it is the VA we're dealing with), but if your evidence points to SC, then you should be rated at a percentage which may raise your overall to 100% compensation. Good luck!! ~Wings