VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C And P For Depression

Rate this question

erico541

Question

i got my summary from psych exam for c and p. the doc stated i am on fluxotene for depression seven years of insomnia, loss of pleasure withdrawn, loss of appetite, irritability , lots of pain, low motivation,not able to maintain minimum personal hygene a 60 gaf part time empolyment obsessive compulsive behavior from pain and ringing in ears 2-3 panic attacks per week reduced reliability and productivity he states that in his opinion all of these are caused directly by my service connected injuries and chronic pain brought on by them. and it has also turned into clinical depression i am just wondering what you folks may think the rating board may think? i am currently at 80 % though i am 120% total god bless and thanks

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You do know that you are just going to receive one disability rating for you mental rating/diagnosis/disability?

My first question would be: Have you filed for Total Disability due to Individual Unemployability (TDIU)? And, ARE you totally disabled and unemployed?

If so, with your CURRENT percentages, you should fully qualify for 100% TDIU P&T. And that is the route that I would take.

On another note, I'd have to wonder why you are still suffering from insomnia. I mean, are they treating your insomnia? The reason I ask is that I have the same problem(s) and am on a regimen that includes Ambien and I am sleeping better than I have in years.

Also, with all the problems that you are having and you only have a GAF of 60? What with 2-3 panic attacks, inabiliity to maintain personal hygiene, depression, etc., it would seem to me that you would at least qualify for a 40 or 50 at best.

As to your question about what I think the rating board is thinking..................I've never caught them doing that.

just my $.02

hi thanks for the reply i work part time...at best i have not filed for tdiu as my dav representative suggested i wait to see the results of the c and p. any ideas on how long this may take? my c and p exam was in march thanks again

and yes they are giving me diazepan and that does help me sleep... with the prozac,diazepan vicoden gabopentin and other stuff it makes it interesting to get around at times driving and such i need to work when when i can to make ends meet we all know how that is

i got my summary from psych exam for c and p. the doc stated i am on fluxotene for depression seven years of insomnia, loss of pleasure withdrawn, loss of appetite, irritability , lots of pain, low motivation,not able to maintain minimum personal hygene a 60 gaf part time empolyment obsessive compulsive behavior from pain and ringing in ears 2-3 panic attacks per week reduced reliability and productivity he states that in his opinion all of these are caused directly by my service connected injuries and chronic pain brought on by them. and it has also turned into clinical depression i am just wondering what you folks may think the rating board may think? i am currently at 80 % though i am 120% total god bless and thanks

It looks good, but based on what the doctor said, I think your GAF should have been much lower.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you should do what Larry says and apply for TDIU with a 80% rating. If you are only able to work part time you would do better getting TDIU.