VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

St. Petersburg, Fl. Disability Commission

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Ladies & Gentlemen,

1st I'd like to take just a moment to commend you on par-taking in this commission.

With the price the taxpayers are spending on this, it's sure to be financially rewarding for you -- but mostly I'm in hopes of it's rewards to our current and future disabled veterans. May the guidance of this commission be always in the best interest of those that have served our country.

My name is Carla --- I am an American -- and I am proud to be a Veteran of the United States Army.

While on active duty I sustained first a contussion -- and not long after that a mild

traumatic brain injury. After these injuries I began having strange mental

and physical problems. It was difficult to remember what I was working on

and what I had just finished doing.

This was in the year 1978, the year I incurred the devastating diagnosis of epilepsy.

Right this minute there is not enough time to cover all the hardships that come with the label.

But --- for right this minute -- I can share with you that it's now 2006 -- 28 years since that new beginning for me -- and to this date I find myself fighting a war with the Veterans Administration.

All that I have requested, is written and covered within the rules and regulations of the VA.

I ask that the VA follow their rules and regulations, follow what they have mandated in 38 Code of Federal Regulations for Veterans

Compensation and Benefits. Follow their guidelines written in M-21-1.

Go by their rules and award veteran's disability claims as justly deserved.

As of this past Feb. 11, 2006, I noticed in VA's Monday Morning Work Reports

that our very own St. Petersburg, Florida has over 28,000 Rating Cases Pending.

Uncle Sam -- Stop telling the people what is being done for veterans

and actually do it.

Thank you.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

carlie: Were you given a specific time limit for you comments? Just curious, so if they ever come to my neck of the woods, I can give them my two cents worth, for what it is worth.

Jim S. :lol:

GOOD! You said it like it is Carlie!!!!!

You stated a lot in a limited period of time-I am very proud of you!!!!!!!

I think it is important -when one writes to or testifies in person before this committee to tell them your concerns that affect all veterans and then certainly tell them your story with VA as briefly as you can---

The VA IS a war zone- I am very glad that you put put it the way you did-

veterans are faced to fight a paper war to prove they have a SC disability-

and the Morning Reports !!! Nice touch!!!!!!

My local vet rep couldn't wait to see this VBA link- he never knew this stuff was on the net---

I think it is wonderful when veterans let the system know that they know the same regs and rating criteria and case law that the VA trys to use against them- it is our theme here-

really a basic mission statement- Knowledge is Power-

and Hadit is living proof that it works. KUDOS!!!! Berta