VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Due To Mst *triggers*

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

While I was in the Army I was assaulted by a permanent party SGT and I was a trainee at AIT in New Jersey. I was set up to lose the court case by my legal council provided by the military.

They rushed me off the base to another where I ended up with a suicide attempt. Then they pushed me out of the service as quickly as possible. I have fought this battle for almost 35yrs and can't do it alone anymore. I have filed a claim for benefits and compensation. Of course the base cannot locate the criminal claim file now. I am seeing an independent Dr who has diagnosed me with PTSD and all that goes with it. She will be putting her pkg together for me to take to my C & P appt end of next week. I do have a job and really have no problems at work on a normal day. That is my life away from my home where I hide the rest of the time. Property is fenced and guarded by large dogs. My daughter does most of my shopping and takes me to my appts and anywhere I have to go. She and her hubby also live with me. The only real or close to real evidence I have are stmts from relatives of the incident and how my life changed after it.

So any advice on what to do or how this might play out will be greatly appreciated.

The fact that your claim triggered a C&P exam is a really good sign.

I think that it means there's something in your Cfile that

is considered evidence of your stressors. A C&P doctor can

make the nexxus between your stressors and current disabilities.

>My claim is 3 years old and I'm at square 1 with unverified

stressors and no trigger at VA for a C&P exam.

Cindy

While I was in the Army I was assaulted by a permanent party SGT and I was a trainee at AIT in New Jersey. I was set up to lose the court case by my legal council provided by the military.

They rushed me off the base to another where I ended up with a suicide attempt. Then they pushed me out of the service as quickly as possible. I have fought this battle for almost 35yrs and can't do it alone anymore. I have filed a claim for benefits and compensation. Of course the base cannot locate the criminal claim file now. I am seeing an independent Dr who has diagnosed me with PTSD and all that goes with it. She will be putting her pkg together for me to take to my C & P appt end of next week. I do have a job and really have no problems at work on a normal day. That is my life away from my home where I hide the rest of the time. Property is fenced and guarded by large dogs. My daughter does most of my shopping and takes me to my appts and anywhere I have to go. She and her hubby also live with me. The only real or close to real evidence I have are stmts from relatives of the incident and how my life changed after it.

So any advice on what to do or how this might play out will be greatly appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder
looking for silverwings. this is gypsy. i hope this is how i am supposed to utilize this website to get your help.

i just received my 5th denial. requested my C-file in December 2008 when i reopened my claim; i haven't received it yet. i'm tired of the heartless VA regional office. i am looking for a lawyer. i did get good help on what to put on my statement in support of claim, but was waiting for my C-file before i submitted it to see what all they had on me, then i got my denial letter yesterday. what do i do next?

i feel like going to the women's trauma clinic and EXPRESSING MY FRUSTRATION re: the claims process. i am tired of them telling me that "the VA hospital and the VA regional office are two separate offices and we don't talk to each other". don't they get it? this claims process is traumatic in itself. Why don't they get this and help us?

i only have access to internet at the public library, so it will be days before i can see if you reply. i hope i can figure out how to see your reply.

thanks, silverwings. i really need to finish this.

Gypsy

Gypsy, What's your email address? I'll send you some information. Sorry to Shorty for cutting into her thread ooops! Maybe Carlie could move your (2) posts to a new topic? You got on board here, and we'll work it out. When you do log back on from the library computer, check your Private Messages, that might be another good way to contact you. ~Silverwings

The fact that your claim triggered a C&P exam is a really good sign.

I think that it means there's something in your Cfile that

is considered evidence of your stressors. A C&P doctor can

make the nexxus between your stressors and current disabilities.

>My claim is 3 years old and I'm at square 1 with unverified

stressors and no trigger at VA for a C&P exam.

Cindy

Yes to the evidence of the stressor. They have the medical records when I was hauled in to the hospital in an ambulance for MST. What we haven't been able to locate are the criminal records where he was arrested and tried. They did however let him off but got me off the base within 48hrs of the decision. They also have my medical records for attempted suicide and my exit exam that reflects the severe headaches I was having and psychological issues I didn't have prior to Ft Dix, NJ. The fact that I was expediciously discharged due to Psychological issues. So yes they have scheduled me for the C & P. They previously set me up with a primary physician and I had to go to that appt. He wanted me to schedule appts with the MST clinic right then plus wrote very clearly in my medical records that I had PTSD, Depression and panic attacks. So that plus my IMO and now the C & P and statements from my family plus my current boss is going to write a statement regarding my behaviour and how he has given up on asking me to dress up for my job but said he has learned to live with it. How some people have come in, scared me and I exit out the back until they leave, he handles them for me. He knows my history and so far is doing everything he can to work around it. So we will see what the future with my claim will be.