VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Process

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

Got packet from VA to complete re: PTSD and MDD.

Thought I had already passed this portion but I see that is not the case.

Need help with what to send. Did not discuss MST back then and just recently began treatment...at least past eight or nine months.

I been on citalopram and have been increased over past four months to 40MG. Just not sure what RO is wanting me to provide them...they have SMR's. Appreciate, in advance all solid advice.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie posted:

Without records of the AD assault - it will be near impossible for either your

psych doc, MST group therapy doc you or VA, to CONFIRM YOUR STRESSOR.

What does your psych doc relate your MDD to ?

My SMR's confirm MH treatement shortly after the rape and I developed a Chlamydia infection as a result of the rape...it is my SMR and treatment is verified in my records and previous as the reactivate trigger for the ankylosing spondylitis.

Larry, that would be ideal, if that's what is happening.

John...you know what? I do have MDD in my SMR's and anxiety disorder. So, I didn't file a claim for PTSD, originally. The psych doc told me to file a claim that way. It doesn't matter to me how they code it...but I would like to be service connected for the MDD, either way...is that right thinking?

Carlie posted:

My SMR's confirm MH treatement shortly after the rape and I developed a Chlamydia infection as a result of the rape...it is my SMR and treatment is verified in my records and previous as the reactivate trigger for the ankylosing spondylitis.

luvHIM,

Earlier you posted,

"I have never filed a claimed for PTSD because I did not want to discuss the MST but I was treated in service consistently for anxiety with a depression component, which is in my SMR's."

This is why I suggested going with the MDD, versus having to prove a stressor for PTSD

from MST.

The MDD is already very well documented both AD and after, so it seems would be

much easier and quicker to get a grant for that - then the PTSD.

Sometimes my brain does get a bit mushy :)

I always try to take the path of least resistance - IF I will basically get the same results.

carlie

Okay...I gotcha...

Carlie, you absolutely correct...it is what I stated and I stick to it.

So, what do I do now with the paper work sent to me by the RO for the PTSD? Do I just send the VCAA back that I do not have any additional evidence? Or, do I send my MH records from the VAMC I'm being treated at right now? The letter indicated that I have 30 days from date of letter. So, I only have about 2 weeks left to get this back in the mail to them.

Thanks for the responses.