VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Anyone Have Experience With Lyrica Cv And Glipizide Or Travoprost

Rate this topic

Guest Vietnam Tanker

John, my mom who is 70 was put on Lyrica for PN. About 3 weeks after her taking it I had to go and see the doc. Everytime I called her she complained of rats. She told me that rats were in her bed and were biting her all over. I went to see her and she had locked herself in the house. She bought some of that spray foam and had sprayed it in every little crack she could see and her house was filled with rat posion. She drew me a pitcher of one that had been walking around the house hissing at her. It was a cross between a mole and a dang kangaroo.

After seeing the areas where she claimed she had been bitten (they were brusies) and the pitcher the doc took her off of it. After about two more weeks she had returned to normal.

I do not know if it affects all the same but it almost ran her crazy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Clown man, thanks for the confirming story, everywhere I go I see snakes and I keep telling myself they are not there, it is this stupid med, I will wait untill I see my primary and Psych docs, i called them for appointments today and I am waiting to heR, bUT YOUR REPLY HELPS ME TO AFFIRM THAT IT IS THE med AND NOT me LOOSING IT ALTOGETHER. thanks

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Carlie I am with you 100%, I jump and move out to the patio to avoid the snakes, and Lo and Behold they are out there to. The VA Docs have told me to hang in there and keep taking the med, my body should adjust to it within two or three weeks. If the snakes don't leave before that I might be out of my mind or dead by then, I am even afraid to sleep at night as the snakes might get me.

Just my 2 cents worth here....but I think your VA docs are full of sh*t. If you are having side effects that bad....you need to be off of that med!!!! I never tolerate anything that makes me feel that bad or makes me see things....that's not normal.

But that's just me.......hope you feel better soon!

Just my 2 cents worth here....but I think your VA docs are full of sh*t. If you are having side effects that bad....you need to be off of that med!!!! I never tolerate anything that makes me feel that bad or makes me see things....that's not normal.

But that's just me.......hope you feel better soon!

Tank - I agree with purple. Such side effects are not normal. Now if it were just being a little sick at the belly, being a little dizzy or having short term memory loss then I would say give it a month or so. But if you are going through what my mom went through that is total BS. No med should cause one such an emotional ride.