VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p And Records

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

Here is my list of questions for today. Sorry I have so many.

1. Will I be able to still get my C-file after I have my C & P exam?

2. I have been diagnosed, PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Attacks, Agoraphobic, COPD, and I have chronic migraine attacks with vision issues I live in my comfort zone only other than that I have to have someone I trust with me to go somewhere, will they try to force me into a treatment center?

3. They say i originally filed a claim for benefits due to PTSD MST in 1979 but don't remember it what do I say when I was denied due to not showing up for an appt.?

4. How long will I have to continue to add info and records to my C-File?

Guess that is it for now.

Thank you all so much for being here and willing to help.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have agoraphobia. Sometimes I am ok but most of the time I am very limited as to what I can do. I used to get anxious at stores so I would only go at odd hours cause I can't do lines very well. It has always amazed me that I am ok at VA cause it is crowded as hell.

Once I have a panic attack doing something I rarely do it that way again.

SP,

I am still bothered by your original Decision. You stated "They didn't state what the appt was for just that I missed it." What evidence is there in your cfile other than the Decision that supports that you missed an appointment?

I am very glad for you that the VA saved all the information in your cfile to include your medical records. That is a blessing.

I totally understand about your comfort zones. I only travel by myself in a radius 3 miles south and 2 miles north of my home and only on back roads. Like Pete, I go out at off times (never early morning, lunch, or after work traffic) and once I freak out someplace it is off my list of approved locations. We used to have a grocery store, drug store, and theater less than two miles from our home but they all closed which was a major adjustment for me. I used to have a much larger (well, 5 miles south and 8 miles north) range from my home but in the last couple of years my circle has tightened.

What is the new evidence you are using to open your claim?

You will find a lot of help here on hadit. I was lost until I found hadit and everyone here hung in there with me and helped me through the long haul (several years) with my VA claim from them denying sc (I got out of service 30 years ago - nobody told you back then you had a valid VA claim if you were seeing the post shrink weekly so I didn't apply until the internet made information much more available and I found out I was eligible 30 years after I got out), to lowballing my claim, to finally getting 100% P&T for sc bipolar disorder. It was the help I got here that helped me through the whole process.

Good luck with your claim and keep us posted on the outcome.

TS

short,

Is your private doc a credentialed Mental Health provider ?

What does your private doc state in writing is the direct cause of your Agoraphobia

and when was it diagnoised ?

Has your private doc diagnosed panic attacks ?

What does your private doc state in writing is the direct cause of your panic attacks ?

carlie

short,

Is your private doc a credentialed Mental Health provider ?

What does your private doc state in writing is the direct cause of your Agoraphobia

and when was it diagnoised ?

Has your private doc diagnosed panic attacks ?

What does your private doc state in writing is the direct cause of your panic attacks ?

carlie

Yes my private doc is credentialed Mental Health provider that actually specializes in PTSD testing and all that goes with it. She was recommended to me by Compsych which is the insurance I have thru my work that covers it. I get 3 free visits a year and then I have to pay the balance.

She has stated that as far as she is concerned my problems are a direct cause from the MST attack and lack of support while in the Army. Also the fact that they berated me afterwards and offered no treatment while I was in.

She also said it is a very complicated case partly because in her view it more than likely started while I was in the Army and has just continued to worsen for 30 years. This then caused me to live within my comfort zone and also feels that because of the possibilty of my head at least once having bounced off the pavement and then me beginning to get migraines that required pain medication numb which then became chroinic migraine attacks they should also be covered in this claim. She feels that my being able to go to work 1 mile from home to an office I share with only one other person is a blessing even though I find it hard some mornings to leave my home to get there.

Her plan is to set down this week and write out a statement showing all of this and more. She plans to mention my depression and the fact that I dress for my job in a way that is acceptable but not what is the preferred manner of dress code in a professional office. My boss just has given up on that aspect of my job at this point as long as I am still able to do the job the way I am now. It really helps that my computer at work is set up to put in todos going forward that pop up on the right days and tell me what to do. If they took that away I would be lost. Also I can search very quickly on how to do something if I have a foggy brain day and can't remember at that moment.

I am gathering evidence thru the VA Advocate I have, he is getting my medical files together and statements from my family as to what happened and how drastically I changed after the attack and how I was treated by the Army.

As far as the previous claim I honestly do not remember filing a claim in 79'. All they said was I missed an appt so they denied the claim. I haven't yet seen my C file so I don't know what all is in it at this time.

My Doc feels that it is triggers that cause my panic attacks. She will also state that in writing I am sure. She wants to see me win this claim and continue to see her as often as possible. She doesn't believe she can ever cure me so to speak but feels that it might help me a little bit if I can continue going to her.

I will learn more as time goes by.