VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sick Of The Illinois Va

Rate this question

troyez

Question

I am a regular Army veteran who was medically discharged in 2003 (after 3 yrs active duty), for L4 - L5 disc ruptures, plantar fascitis (both feet), and elbow tendonitis (no rating). I was given 30% disability for my back and feet and I have been fighting/waiting since 2004 for my rating to go up. I have been denied once, in 2006, and have been waiting for some word ever since. My back has degenerated to the point that my VA neurologist says I MUST have surgery, my feet have not improved, and my elbows are worse; I filed for a de novo review in 2006 and have been forgotten since then. I was represented by a local IL VA rep from 2003 to 2005, but I had to tell the guy(s) how to fill out paper work, and how to spell to complete the forms! I switched to Disabled American Vets in 2005, but they would not answer my mesages and only sent form responses to my letters. I've since switched back to a local IL VA rep, because this guy is on the ball, and seems to care what happens to vets. Since I was discharged in 2003, my health/finances have declined to the point of desperation; I can only work part-time because of pain/decrease in mobility, so I subsist below the poverty line.

I guess the point of this post is to complain about the piss-poor state of the VA in Illinois. I'm thinking that they want vets to die off so they don't have to give us what they owe. Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but I won't hold my breath. T

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It takes about 2 years to get a De novo review up here in NY-were you able to provide them with whatever evidence they asked for ?

Are you still they still have the claim?

I guess I am paranpid about VA's shreddergate fiasco last year-

I suggest you go to the VA.gov web site and click on the Contact Us button and send them an Iris asking about the status of your claim.

The on line form will take you through Iris inquiry step by step- I also suggest you ask for email or snail mail response-instead of phone call- they can say anything they want to by phone and phone calls give us no hard copy proof of what they said.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit Troyez that's pretty much the way the VA operates. Don't take it personal.Are you still working?

Good Luck on your claim Hadit can help.

STICK WITH ONE REPRESENTATIVE. SWITCHING BACK A FORTH BETWEEN TWO REPRESENTATIVE AGENCIES WILL ONLY HOLD UP YOUR CLAIM.

JJ

I am a regular Army veteran who was medically discharged in 2003 (after 3 yrs active duty), for L4 - L5 disc ruptures, plantar fascitis (both feet), and elbow tendonitis (no rating). I was given 30% disability for my back and feet and I have been fighting/waiting since 2004 for my rating to go up. I have been denied once, in 2006, and have been waiting for some word ever since. My back has degenerated to the point that my VA neurologist says I MUST have surgery, my feet have not improved, and my elbows are worse; I filed for a de novo review in 2006 and have been forgotten since then. I was represented by a local IL VA rep from 2003 to 2005, but I had to tell the guy(s) how to fill out paper work, and how to spell to complete the forms! I switched to Disabled American Vets in 2005, but they would not answer my mesages and only sent form responses to my letters. I've since switched back to a local IL VA rep, because this guy is on the ball, and seems to care what happens to vets. Since I was discharged in 2003, my health/finances have declined to the point of desperation; I can only work part-time because of pain/decrease in mobility, so I subsist below the poverty line.

I guess the point of this post is to complain about the piss-poor state of the VA in Illinois. I'm thinking that they want vets to die off so they don't have to give us what they owe. Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but I won't hold my breath. T

STICK WITH ONE REPRESENTATIVE. SWITCHING BACK A FORTH BETWEEN TWO REPRESENTATIVE AGENCIES WILL ONLY HOLD UP YOUR CLAIM.

JJ

I was told by the IL VA guy that switching back would not affect the time it takes to get a decision. The DAV in Chicago is lame, I had to switch.

Welcome to Hadit Troyez that's pretty much the way the VA operates. Don't take it personal.Are you still working?

Good Luck on your claim Hadit can help.

I am still working; down to 1-2 days a week, but I pay for it. How do I get my "C" (Claim) File? And why didn't my rep tell me about it?

• HadIt.com Elder

A good rep would have requested copies of your medical file SMR's and C File at least mine did. Your C File is also your claim file and has most of the records that the VA uses to determine your claim. Your Medical Records from your VA are sometimes not included especially if they help your claim. You need a copy of everything but if you are in the middle of your claim its a good idea to wait till a decison has been made.

Good Luck

Moving back to a decent Rep can be a good idea.