Thanksgiving 1967

Tigerfish628

A question was posted regarding date of Thanksgiving in 1967. Questioner was trying to help a fellow who had major stresor on that date.

I did also, with the 2/7 Charlie company, 1st cav. A bad day

A new guy, carrying ammo for the 60 bought it right next to me. I think he was from Detroit, and I never knew his name, and that bothers me a lot.

The gunner was Firby, and the Captain was Zenas Massey, who was pinned down and wounded.

Anyonme remembering anything about that guy, let me know, or where I could look it up.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
A question was posted regarding date of Thanksgiving in 1967. Questioner was trying to help a fellow who had major stresor on that date.

I did also, with the 2/7 Charlie company, 1st cav. A bad day

A new guy, carrying ammo for the 60 bought it right next to me. I think he was from Detroit, and I never knew his name, and that bothers me a lot.

The gunner was Firby, and the Captain was Zenas Massey, who was pinned down and wounded.

Anyonme remembering anything about that guy, let me know, or where I could look it up.

BUMP, for Berta! I believe she has a command chronology. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

I dont recall this post but I suggest you try to contact the unit-they might have webg site and there are many 2/7 CHarlie Co 1st cavs on the net at many vets sites-

try Military .com and any vets site with "Looking for" section and dont overlook the reunion lists-

I would suggest contacting JSRRC directly- too-

but I will attempt to find something in my Vietnam War History stuff-

this should all appear in a morning or after action report from command-

• HadIt.com Elder

The site is fabulous:

http://www.charlie2-7.org/

lots there and a reunion list-

Has the VA contacted JSRRC yet to verify this incident?

How far along is his claim?

With the date so specific and the info you posted here the JSRRC should be able to attain the unit Morning and after action reports.

They will do a search for a fee but is wont cost him anything if JSRRC does this via a inquiry from the VA.

Buddy statements as well will help him-

It will take me some time to access my Vietnam Battle stuff-

but I will post anything I can find.

JSRRC

U.S. Army and Joint Services Records Research Center

7701 Telegraph Road

Kingman Building Room 2 CO8

lexandria, VA. 22315-3802

1-703-428 -6801

Edited by Berta