VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know What The G.g. Immunizations Are/were?

Rate this question

dtclou

Question

Does anyone know what the G.G. immunizations given to military in 1992 was/or is? I tried to Google it, but was confused.... Was it another name for the anthrax shot? Was it even a shot? What was it for & do they still give it?

Thanks

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Gamma Globulin, or "Double G" as we used to call it in the airline industry. Flight crew who flew internationally would take it. I remember not so much as getting a sniffle between shots.

Vicki is correct in that it was the Gamma Globulin, and it was in shot form, I don't think it was give by a gun, it was quite thick and was usually given in the great muscle of the thigh with a larger than usuall needle.

For most if not all, it hurt quite a bit, given the thick surupy consistancy of it. It was given as an immne boosting agent to help ward of diseases such as spinalminingitis, some forms of hepatitis and others that I can't remember. :lol:

Jim S. B)

The thigh???? Now you tell me! That's NOT where we got it! :-)

I never got that one.

It was discontinued just before I shipped out to SEA in 1972.

Was it reinstated?

sledge

I couldn't remember the name of the muscle, it was the Gludeousmaxis, bad spelling, so I guess I just have to say it, it the butt or A%$ :lol::blink:

Jim S. B)