VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssi? Just Awarded Sc100

Rate this question

Harold Navy

Question

I was just awarded SC 100% disability. My next mission I'm hoping to achieve is to supplement my income with SSI. I called the SS office the other day, and was told that if I make more than $900.00 a month, I don't rate. Do I need to quit my job now and go without an income in hopes of being awarded SSI? My lungs have gotten very bad and I'm trying to get SSI for that reason. I'm a little confused, can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is not an option. SSI, SSDI will not be awarded to anyone who is currently working.

That is the first question in their long weed out process. Are you working. If the answer is yes, then all bets are off at that point.

J

Like john said...No work they pay...you work, no pay. SSDI has a waiting period. 5 mths for me too.

I was just awarded SC 100% disability. My next mission I'm hoping to achieve is to supplement my income with SSI. I called the SS office the other day, and was told that if I make more than $900.00 a month, I don't rate. Do I need to quit my job now and go without an income in hopes of being awarded SSI? My lungs have gotten very bad and I'm trying to get SSI for that reason. I'm a little confused, can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks

Like john said...No work they pay...you work, no pay. SSDI has a waiting period. 5 mths for me too.

You wont qualify for ssi even if you stop working, ssi is for people with very limited income and didn't have enough credits.....

if you are working check your ss statment to find if you have enough credits to retire..... the ss send the statmente at the begining of the year, if not go the ssa online page and request it. If you do, you will get SSDI.... and if you have dependents the amount is higher.