VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arthritis Thanks To All

Rate this question

slowhand197

Question

This is my first post so please be patent. I have been reading this board for over a year and the information supplied here has allowed me to submit a claim for a secondary service connection for hips and knee related to my back (DDD 40%). I had planed to fight the VA for a few years in order to get the service connection but because of the information all of you have shared has allowed me to win my claim the first time. I won in a little over a year start to finish code 5003 10% R hip 10% L hip and 10% knee. Still hard to believe it was that fast. I can not thank you all enough.

As I was not prepared to win that quick I may have made mistakes when I filed my NOD to increase the hip and knee award. I had doctor reports about my lost time from work that I did not submit in the original claim that I sent in with the NOD. The way I read the CFR 20% should be awarded With X-ray evidence of involvement of 2 or more major joints or 2 or more minor joint groups, with occasional incapacitating

Exacerbations 20.

The problem I have now is the doctor wants to replace my hip because of the arthritis and labral tear at this point in my life I will lose my job if I take any more time off work so he is going to do an arthroscopy to fix the tear and do the hip down the road. His report said flexation 105-110 internal rotation 10-15 external rotation 15-20 and abduct 20 adduct 20. I have searched the CFR and can not make heads or tails of it.

What type rating do these numbers add up to, I only see 20% under 5003 arthritis as you guys have more knowledge and experience than I ever will what are your thoughts

Sorry for the long post

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet