VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Beyond Voc Rehab

Rate this question

Mark

Question

I am currently in the Voc Rehab Program and am due to graduate Dec 2008. My current program of study leads into a Doctorate program or a DM in Management. I paid a lump sum of 2700.00 when I retired in Jan 2002 to eligible for the full 27,000 college tuition benifits. After being rated by the VA and found qualified for the Voc Rehab program I was enrolled in the Voc Rehab program. My question is what type of tuition assistance is available beyond the voc rehab program? I understand that you lose your tuition assistance - dollar for dollar - or month for month while in the voc rehab program. Is there anyone out there that knows of any Vet programs that will assist a 100% disabled vet in gaining an advanced degree like a Ph D or DM? I know it is a long shot but being disabled and in my situation I am limited in what type of work I can do. With this advance degree I can work on my terms and earn a living.

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

you need to check with the state you are living in some states have great educational benefits for 100% vets and their families, my son will not have to pay any tuition in the state of South Carolina and can choose whatever school he wants to go to as long as he meets the admission qualifications, from USC to the Citadel as long as South Carolina supports it they pay for it.

I am currently in the Voc Rehab Program and am due to graduate Dec 2008. My current program of study leads into a Doctorate program or a DM in Management. I paid a lump sum of 2700.00 when I retired in Jan 2002 to eligible for the full 27,000 college tuition benifits. After being rated by the VA and found qualified for the Voc Rehab program I was enrolled in the Voc Rehab program. My question is what type of tuition assistance is available beyond the voc rehab program? I understand that you lose your tuition assistance - dollar for dollar - or month for month while in the voc rehab program. Is there anyone out there that knows of any Vet programs that will assist a 100% disabled vet in gaining an advanced degree like a Ph D or DM? I know it is a long shot but being disabled and in my situation I am limited in what type of work I can do. With this advance degree I can work on my terms and earn a living.

Any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

I went through the Voc Rehab program but had to pay for graduate school as the VA would not pay for an advanced degree. Test vet had some good ideas,also there may be funding available in your specialty if you look into it. Good Luck.

Jim Lane TDIU T&P