VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Illinois Va System Sticking It To Me.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Attachments are on lock-down --for me at least. Maybe I broke a rule or something. Will try tomorrow.

John, thanks for clearing that up for him. ~Wings

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings, as you are 100% or TDIU, I believe VAMC's are required to see you within 30 days.

pr

quote name='Wings' timestamp='1287799086' post='223294']

Troy, At present, I am really disgusted with the VA medical system --at least the one I am currently enrolled in. It's my understanding that not all VA Medical Centers are created equal: some veterans actually have very positive experiences!

This week, I drove 100 miles one-way: to spend 10 minutes with a very part-time VA doctor, that I waited 4 months to see.

Unfortunately, I did NOT like him (told me my memory problems could be masked with a bottle of blond hair dye --no kidding). But since my medical problem will require surgery (parodid tumor), I have re-enrolled in another VAMC. It will take another 4-12 weeks before I get to see the next VA doctor. The VA gave me a fee-base card but only authorized $125.00 month. When I have asked for other services, they want to talk about "the budget". It SUX.

Anyway, don't know if this will help much, but I have attached the VA Fee Base directive in response to your question: Who do I talk to to get authorization to see a neurosurgeon?! The answer is the VAMC Medical Director. S/he has the authority to authorize your fee-base surgery. Send a Certified Letter to the VAMC Director.

I also suggest that you have your VA Neurologist (or any other mmedical professional) write a note to the effect that physical tx is contra-indicated and may actually worsen your SC medical condition. Just throwing some ideas around ... Hang in there. You need the surgery and the VA must provide that for you, by Law. Chuck alo suggested you talk to an attorney about filing a TORT against the VA. You may suggest that course of action to the VAMC director, in a nice way ... Here's a quote from the VA Fee Base Directive, and the attched pdf file. ~Wings

PS I'll attach the pdf to the next post, for some reason I am stuck in a box that doesn't have that option.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings, as you are 100% or TDIU, I believe VAMC's are required to see you within 30 days.

pr

quote name='Wings' timestamp='1287799086' post='223294']

Troy, At present, I am really disgusted with the VA medical system --at least the one I am currently enrolled in. It's my understanding that not all VA Medical Centers are created equal: some veterans actually have very positive experiences!

This week, I drove 100 miles one-way: to spend 10 minutes with a very part-time VA doctor, that I waited 4 months to see.

Unfortunately, I did NOT like him (told me my memory problems could be masked with a bottle of blond hair dye --no kidding). But since my medical problem will require surgery (parodid tumor), I have re-enrolled in another VAMC. It will take another 4-12 weeks before I get to see the next VA doctor. The VA gave me a fee-base card but only authorized $125.00 month. When I have asked for other services, they want to talk about "the budget". It SUX.

Anyway, don't know if this will help much, but I have attached the VA Fee Base directive in response to your question: Who do I talk to to get authorization to see a neurosurgeon?! The answer is the VAMC Medical Director. S/he has the authority to authorize your fee-base surgery. Send a Certified Letter to the VAMC Director.

I also suggest that you have your VA Neurologist (or any other mmedical professional) write a note to the effect that physical tx is contra-indicated and may actually worsen your SC medical condition. Just throwing some ideas around ... Hang in there. You need the surgery and the VA must provide that for you, by Law. Chuck alo suggested you talk to an attorney about filing a TORT against the VA. You may suggest that course of action to the VAMC director, in a nice way ... Here's a quote from the VA Fee Base Directive, and the attched pdf file. ~Wings

PS I'll attach the pdf to the next post, for some reason I am stuck in a box that doesn't have that option.

• Founder

I had to adjust a setting in the board. It should work fine for you now. If you have any other problems let me know. Sorry about that. Not all forums allow attachments so I have to set them one by one and I must have missed this one.

x

x

x

Can not find the option for attaching documents??? Help from Mods???

• HadIt.com Elder

I had to adjust a setting in the board. It should work fine for you now. If you have any other problems let me know. Sorry about that. Not all forums allow attachments so I have to set them one by one and I must have missed this one.

Thanks Tbird, I will attach the pdf file. ~Wings

Fee Base Directive.pdf