VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Illinois Va System Sticking It To Me.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings, as you are 100% or TDIU, I believe VAMC's are required to see you within 30 days.

pr

PR, You know I love you .... but this is the VA we're talking about. I did complain about having to wait so long, told them I was 100% P&T. My primary clinic said, "We have you as 70% SC, not 100% SC". I say, "You know, there are regulations for 100% TDIU also rated P&T" --and they just did not hear me on this issue. The (Reno VAMC) ENT Dr. told me I have a parotid tumor, probably benign --when I asked for an MRI he said "no, no, no". I am not going to let him surgically remove my parotid gland without some diagnostics first. So, I called another VAMC, got myself enrolled and will have to be assigned a new Primary ) doctor I hope. Then I meet the Primary, and s/he can send me a "consult" to go and see another VA ENT Dr. This process will take a few months, at best. The VA is all about saving $$$, not lives. IMO. ~Wings

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

When the people of the United States sent us into combat zones or harm's way they never discussed the budget. When you get back the VA wants to talk about costs and budgets. No budget for war, but serious budget for veteran's care.