VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Evaluation Done By Private Physicians Why?

Rate this question

Izzy

Question

Hello to everyone

Recently I submitted a C&P evaluation for bilateral knees problem, remember I was at 10% and some crazy VA C&P Dr. discovered the cure for degenerate joint disease and requested that I be downgraded to 0% which VA did.

I also requested a new C&P for TBI because I was never told that I could qualify for such compensation, not even my VSO told me.

Now VA is sending me to get all my medical test but at a private facility with private doctors, they are even giving me a big $28 for my travel to that location.

Anyone know why VA is taking this step and why they are not sending me to the VA Hospital?

Any advice?

Today I went to get my knees check, I filled the questionar the Dr. did a few checks and said OK, you can go. ;)

My next one is for TBI and I do not know what the other one is for, but both are with a private DR.

Thank you for your time. Oh by the way I am at Houston, Texas, therefore is not the distance.

Izzy

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This is a contract exam through QTC. It is based on the condition as well as your location.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, it would seem to me that your being given an C&P by QTC. I would note how long the exam lasted and make a copy of the questionnaires after you completed them- certified would be good. Notify the R/O ASAP by cert mail or in person of any incorrect exams. The best QTC Dr. is Dr. Soule, hope that you get him. One of the more questionable in my opinon is Dr. Patel. Nearly all QTC exams are flawed based upon the following principle- the examiners are asked by QTC to give the current (snapshot) opinion on the condition being examed. QTC does not forward your records to the Dr. If you feel the exam is flawed then report such quickly. Once the R/O realizes that your not the average bear when playing the VBA claims game, you will be refered to the VAH for the C&P exams. - This applies to the Houston R/O only.

Yes, it would seem to me that your being given an C&P by QTC. I would note how long the exam lasted and make a copy of the questionnaires after you completed them- certified would be good. Notify the R/O ASAP by cert mail or in person of any incorrect exams. The best QTC Dr. is Dr. Soule, hope that you get him. One of the more questionable in my opinon is Dr. Patel. Nearly all QTC exams are flawed based upon the following principle- the examiners are asked by QTC to give the current (snapshot) opinion on the condition being examed. QTC does not forward your records to the Dr. If you feel the exam is flawed then report such quickly. Once the R/O realizes that your not the average bear when playing the VBA claims game, you will be refered to the VAH for the C&P exams. - This applies to the Houston R/O only.

Hello poolguy11550

When I read your info, I said Wow, because I have a friend who is a RN and she thinks that Dr. Patel is the greatest Dr. ever.

For my Knee condition I had Dr. Nwora he was kind of "iffy" he said that he did not had X-Rays to see my knees and did the normal "does it hurt hear and there?'" and check my knee for stability and told me to lift the lower part of my leg and stop until it hurt. That was it, not measurements, ah and asked me were I worked.

My next appt is with Dr. Bryan Frazier for TBI, Migraines. The Migraine part is a revisit to see if they can increase my %, currently I am at 30%.

The other is with Dr. Peraino, Joseph, this one I do not know but I think that it is for PTSD.

Do you know how I can find out what this Dr. is seeing me for? on the form it states "SPC:PSC"

Izzy

I also have a QTC Doctor exam for PTSD the Doctor is Ashok Khushalani I looked him up, his specialty is Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, wonder how much PTSD he had treated! I have 2 IMO stating I have PTSD should I take copies of these reports with me!