VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Close Call

Rate this topic

Well, I kinda fell off the face of the earth for a few days. From Tuesday-Saturday I've been in the Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Miami Valley Hospital here in Dayton. Friday I had to have a pacemaker put in. Came home yesterday.

My heart rate kept dropping into the 30s and I kept passing out...I called the squad on Tuesday, I kept passing out in the squad and the ER and I woke up to find myself hooked up to the crash cart--that's scary as hell!!

At first the docs thought it was that the VA had over-medicated me so they waited until all of my meds were out of my system, but my heartrate still was dropping in the 30s and very irregular. I told them that I had been telling the VA docs about my symptoms for some time; but they weren't very concerned...the real cardiologists were pissed. Friday they decided I needed a pacemaker ASAP or things weren't going to be good.

So I'm home now....very sore....still kinda tired, have lots of restrictions for awhile.

I go back to the real cardiologist next week for f/u. I refuse to allow the VA docs to have anything to do with my cardio care anymore. I will get very, very ugly with them!!!!!!

So, that's where I've been in case anyone wondered........

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

purple,

I have been wondering where you were.

Sounds like a scary adventure.

If this has caused you additional damage, hospital bills, ambulance, etc....

after you recover and regain your strength an 1151 claim might be in-order.

Glad your back and doing better.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad to know that you are going to get that checked out.

Be careful and take care of yourself

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

OMGoodness! Purple, I'm glad you are still with us!

You might want to file a VA, 1151 Claim once you are feeling better. I hope your family will look after you until you have your strength back.

We missed you. ~Wings

I called the feebased office from the hospital and told them I was in a civilian hospital, I'm sure they aren't going to like that bill when they get it......oh well. I know that I'm not paying it!!!