VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Close Call

Rate this topic

Talked to the fee-based office again this morning, they assured me that I don't have to do anything that my hospitalization is all taken care of.

Uh.....now, why don't I belive them? I'm keeping notes.

Last time I had surgery in a civilian hospital--and it was pre-approved!--it took them close to a year to pay!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Purple, wow, sure glad you are at home now. Motherinlaw has a pacemaker and very few restrictions - some places have warnings for pacemaker wearers, but she gets around just fine and moves faster than me!

Glad to hear you are getting cardiac care. Are you on meds from VA or private providers? Since you are in charge, I am sure there's no conflicts there.

Do I recall that you do or dont have cardio sc? (Old brain here). Just thinking ahead for possible cardiac services.

Again, glad you are home and give an extra hug to your kids!

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up2009!

I'm not SCd for cardio. I could be as my problems began while active duty...I just never bothered with that claim since I'm already 100% IU and I don't want the VA messing with my claim as I know how they can be.

• HadIt.com Elder
x

x

x

OMGoodness! Purple, I'm glad you are still with us!

You might want to file a VA, 1151 Claim once you are feeling better. I hope your family will look after you until you have your strength back.

We missed you. ~Wings

I am with Wings on this one. File a 1151 claim as soon as you can.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Ok, for clarification - Hadit elders, can ya update us on what a 1151 claim is in simple terms. I figure there may be a few folks reading here that want to know.

By the way, I think this post is well placed on the board, thanks and take it easy Purple.

Cg'up2009!

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe it is a claim for increased disability due to medical treatment at VA. In other words, it the VA made you worse or caused another disability due to their treatment you have a claim for increased benefit. Berta is the one that knows all the particulars. It is not the same as malpractice claim.

Purple

I got 60% for SC cardio after I got IU. It is worth going for since it may be the reason you check out and you want someone to get DIC.