VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have An Idea On A Sc That Has Gotten Worse

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I am SC for a back Injury that has resulted in my present condition of DDD. Here is the lick My back is shot. L5S1 has had the surgery 2-3 years ago now the disc is trash (per MRI ordered by VA) Now I need to know since the VA glossed over the fact when I put in for IU that even though I put the most recent MRI and the One two years ago showing the progression of the disease. How can I find out if my condition should have been rated under another DIagnostic code by the C/P Examiner failed to do once again? Not being a Doctor or a lawyer I tend to ask people I trust. I think in my mind I was low balled but hey it is just my opinon. I do know I hurt all the time have back spasms and sleep is usally during the day after all night up and down. What sucks is the fact I have no quality of life right now to the point that I am considering surgery again for the second time. Any thoughts holler at me off line if you will with your thoughts on back surgery. I can barley bend over at the waist as it starts to hurt like hell and I have to have help to even get dressed. If I do not get someone to put my clothes on before they leave it is flip flops for the day. I am kind of going through some major depresson right now my kids are little and come up to me asking questions like " Why cant you play with me like other parents do" That hurts more than the actual pain but again they expect me to be Dad so it goes with the teritory. Have a good day

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

What are you rated at now for your back?? ROM is the key unless you are SC for IVDS then it is periods of incapacitation. I always wonder about the diagnostic codes too. I think you can request to be reclassified and give them the code you are looking for. Have you been hospitalized in the past year for your back? Your depression seems like it may be worsening also.

I am rated at 10% for DDD. I belive I should have been rated at on a different diganosis with the way my back has fallen apart. I know the ROM is way differnt now than then. Thanks ans I am seeing a new Doctor for Dperession tommorow. I could deal with some of the problems but constant pain all the time will drive you nuts. I was hospitalized a couple of years ago for lamenctomy but nothing here lately. I have been told I am going to a Nuerosurgeon but I can tell you this I am no big fan of surgery. Adios and thanks for your advice........

• HadIt.com Elder

Oldman, did or do you have another physician that can confirm your back 'diagnosis' for the timeframe that va sc you? Do you have a copy of your Cfile, VA medical file and what each says? There may be clues there, along with the c&p exam note in specific. Use the exam worksheet as a guide and research - research some more.

If you put in for an increase for sc issue, the ball gets rolling again.

Honestly, my exam for iu found a sc issue and clarified the diagnosis. I was surprised to recieve year or so of backpay for that increase. Then, I read and reread, asked questions, then sure enough, got eed for same back to original sc date (discharge!)!

Let us know where you are at from time to time.

Er, oldman, kids are more resilient than we think and creative - heck, why can't those parents play the way you do?? ha. back at em. Bet you're awesome at video games.

Cg'up2009!

oldman,

You posted,

"Thanks ans I am seeing a new Doctor for Dperession tommorow. I could deal with some of the problems but constant pain all the time will drive you nuts."

If your depression is directly related to your pain and your pain is directly related to

service connected disability -- be SURE to have the mental health doctor document this.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

You may end up getting a much higher rating as depression secondary to a SC disorder than the disorder itself! Everyone with chronic pain is depressed just about I think.

Hello I am SC for a back Injury that has resulted in my present condition of DDD. Here is the lick My back is shot. L5S1 has had the surgery 2-3 years ago now the disc is trash (per MRI ordered by VA) Now I need to know since the VA glossed over the fact when I put in for IU that even though I put the most recent MRI and the One two years ago showing the progression of the disease. How can I find out if my condition should have been rated under another DIagnostic code by the C/P Examiner failed to do once again? Not being a Doctor or a lawyer I tend to ask people I trust. I think in my mind I was low balled but hey it is just my opinon. I do know I hurt all the time have back spasms and sleep is usally during the day after all night up and down. What sucks is the fact I have no quality of life right now to the point that I am considering surgery again for the second time. Any thoughts holler at me off line if you will with your thoughts on back surgery. I can barley bend over at the waist as it starts to hurt like hell and I have to have help to even get dressed. If I do not get someone to put my clothes on before they leave it is flip flops for the day. I am kind of going through some major depresson right now my kids are little and come up to me asking questions like " Why cant you play with me like other parents do" That hurts more than the actual pain but again they expect me to be Dad so it goes with the teritory. Have a good day

i knows hwo that is. i di dnot get marriede unitl afte ri retired. my daughter is now 11. she undersatnd a lot more now, but for yearrs it hurt a lot. i stil cry whenn thinking of it. i have nnot bene able to even lift my daughter fors years. i can understansd your depressions. va cares abouts nothing about vets. maybe why governments worried about vets nwo. i saw on news. somethingsg abouts vtes being on terrorsits list.