VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help/advice

Rate this question

Desert Rat 1

Question

Can anyone offer any advice on using the DAV to get my claim approved? I have been working with them here in San Antonio but, it seems like we are getting no where. I have PTSD, Diabetes, Severe Back Pain and arthritis and loss of hearing and ringing in both ears, right knee locks up occassionally, and severe bouts of depression due to my conditions and lack of a quality life at times.

I am a Combat Veteran who spent most of my time in the military (7 years+) either in training (jumping, rucking and PT'ing my way out of it or deployed to the Desert for training and eventulally war). My back and PTSD are a total mess, not allowing me to do physical labor anymore and have difficulty dealing with civilians who are typically over opinionated about what we have been through etc., I cannot work a normal Construction job anymore due to these overwhelming conditions.

I need to establish a service connection, according to what I received from the VA Rating Board. I filed my original claim immediately prior to separation in "93" and have been going to VA off and on ever since. They claim there is nothing in my Service Medical Records to support my service connection for any of my issues. My diabetes was directly caused by the inability to do PT any longer due to my chronic back condition.

Please help me if you can. I am at the end of my rope in fighting to justify what is wrong with me.

Thanks,

Desert Rat 1

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Anyone have advice for this person? Found this post and it appears no replys have been made. Hope someone may offer this one some assistance.

Can anyone offer any advice on using the DAV to get my claim approved? I have been working with them here in San Antonio but, it seems like we are getting no where. I have PTSD, Diabetes, Severe Back Pain and arthritis and loss of hearing and ringing in both ears, right knee locks up occassionally, and severe bouts of depression due to my conditions and lack of a quality life at times.

I am a Combat Veteran who spent most of my time in the military (7 years+) either in training (jumping, rucking and PT'ing my way out of it or deployed to the Desert for training and eventulally war). My back and PTSD are a total mess, not allowing me to do physical labor anymore and have difficulty dealing with civilians who are typically over opinionated about what we have been through etc., I cannot work a normal Construction job anymore due to these overwhelming conditions.

I need to establish a service connection, according to what I received from the VA Rating Board. I filed my original claim immediately prior to separation in "93" and have been going to VA off and on ever since. They claim there is nothing in my Service Medical Records to support my service connection for any of my issues. My diabetes was directly caused by the inability to do PT any longer due to my chronic back condition.

Please help me if you can. I am at the end of my rope in fighting to justify what is wrong with me.

Thanks,

Desert Rat 1

Desert Rat 1

Do you have a copy of your medical records? Review in details about any sick call visit. Something in this record to support your claim.

My 2 cents

Ken1

Desert Rat,

How long has it been since you got your last denial?

Do you have a copy of you SMRs (Service Medical Records)?

You say that you could not do PT is this documented in your SMRs?

You say you have PTSD when and where were you diagnosed?

What is the status of your claim is it in appeal status or closed?

welcome to hadit and sorry for the long wait

My diabetes was directly caused by the inability to do PT any longer due to my chronic back condition.

Has a doctor stated the above in writing?

Desert Rat 1 - long on and post if your still here.

carlie

Thanks,

Desert Rat 1

• HadIt.com Elder

Desert Rat

If you were in combat and have combat awards like CIB your PTSD claim shoulf fly if you have symptoms. Did you have symptoms of DMII while in service like high glucose readings? You need to look at you SMR's to look for evidence for the physical complaints like you back problems. The PTSD needs to be verified by a psychiatric diagnosis and stressor verification. For almost everything you need something that will show a nexus between service and your conditions. If it is not in your SMR's or a presumptive condition it gets harder. The PTSD is another matter since that is something you can really discover about yourself years later.

Thanks halos-I noticed one the other day that had not gotten any reply yet-

In the VCAA letter you received they should have spelled out in a highlighted statement exactly what evidence you needed for each claimed disbility.

Do you have current PTSD diagnosis and have you giving the VA enough information for them to verify your stressor (s) via Joint Service Record Research Center?

As to the Diabetes secondary to back claim-the back claim obviously would have to be service connected first-

and it would take a strong IMO to assovciate the two conditions.

Do you have your SMRS and is there any evidence in them of any of the claimed conditions?

Does your MOS support that you were exposed to acoustical trauma causing the hearing loss?

VA needs a proven nexus or link to medical notations, treatment etc in your SMRs in order to establish that current disabilities have a relationship to your service.

The PTSD claim will require proof of a stressor.

Since they say there is nothing in your SMRs to prove SC-best to get those SMRs yourself and you might need buddy statements, or morning reports etc, to prove these claims.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use