VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With A Situation

Rate this question

shortpig

Question

So my VSO supposedly sent in my evidence for the claim last week. Everyone pretty much says to fire the guy and handle it myself or get a new one.

I sent him an email asking him a few questions. First question was "What day did was the pkg sent to the VARO and how was it sent."

His response to that question was. "It left my office this week."

Well I went in last week and picked up a copy of the pkg. At least a supposed copy of the pkg. It has a cover on it addressed to the VA.

I can't get a straight answer from this guy. He has become rude and abrupt. I have done nothing to deserve this treatment other than ask him to call me back or respond to my emails.

Yesterday I sent another email, one to his supervisor letting him know that I would now be copying him on all further emails to this guy then I sent the VSO another email requesting the exact date the pkg was sent to the VARO and how it was sent.

Can you believe it I didn't get a response from either one of them. Nothing, not a word.

I now fear that the pkg I picked up from them with the cover on it is the only pkg that left his office last week. It sets in my safe. How do I find out if this guy sent the pkg to the VARO or thought it would be funny to let me have without informing me of the same. Once they receive this there is nothing more for me to do at this time.

Thanks for any input you have. After this I will find someone else to assist me with this. But how do I get my claim jacket from this guy. He will no longer need it.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

short,

You can check with your VARO, preferably in person, once a week

to see what they have recieved.

When you elect to sign on with a service organization, you give

them total power and control over your claim.

They have the legal right to choose to present or not present any paperwork they choose.

In MOST cases once you meet with the rep assigned to your case,

good darned luck on them returning your phone calls, emails or even having time to meet with you.

Depending on the service organization that you give your POA to, your service representative will most likely be changed quarterly - so do not think under any circumstance's this person

will be carrying the ball for you from start to finish.

You will be assigned a different representative, within the same service organization you signed your rights over to.

jmho,

carlie

This is precisely why I'm against using VSOs and all for vets filing their own claims.

You need to get all of your info together and submit it yourself because you really have no idea what this guy sent to the VARO.

Please tell me that you kept copies of everything and the VSO doesn't have originals......

I have copies of all pertinent info. How do I remove the POA I signed with this person. I know there has to be a way and I also know that there must be a way to require them to release to me any info they have acquired regarding my claim. Do I have to do it thru a Freedom of Information Act form or something?

I have copies of all pertinent info. How do I remove the POA I signed with this person. I know there has to be a way and I also know that there must be a way to require them to release to me any info they have acquired regarding my claim. Do I have to do it thru a Freedom of Information Act form or something?

I have found this website that assists people with creating a FOIA letter to just about anyone you just fill in the blanks and can copy paste into your letter writing program, or print from there or ?

http://www.rcfp.org/foialetter/index.php

Now to remove the POA from this idiot.

Seriously I am sooo angry over this. How flipping difficult is it to hit reply on an email and say something like.

In answer to your question I sent the pkg to VARO on 4/30/09 and it was sent by regular mail or ?? however it was truly sent. :huh: